Updaye on oil cooler

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well for those of you following my oil cooler situation heres what happened. I went home last night and found out how dumb I really am. Appearantly when I disconnected the line lastr time a bunch of oil had ran down into the fins of the cooler pretty good. I had wiped of the side of the cooler but never really cleaned out the cooler itself. So being as the bike leans to the left on the kickstand gravity was just causing the oil to run down the fins on that side and collect on that bottom corner. So what did was actually SPRAY the entire cooler clean of any oil on it, blew it dry with air, checked it with a white paper towel and got no more signs of oil. So I took it out and rode for about 40 minutes and applied plenty of pressure and everything was dry as a bone when I pulled back into the garage. So tonight I am gonna clean it and put the fairings back on.

The down side to all of this is GoldenChild sold me a oil cooler from a 2002 Busa for 65$. Now I am gonna have an extra one lying around. lol. But I guess it can't hurt to have a cheap solution to a 600$ part.

I took a couple pics of the successful test flight for you guys to. Sorry they are off a cell phone so they are crappy but you can see the new single exhaust from the rear.

untitled1.JPG

lessons learned early will help later. Atleast it was something simple for ya

Back