Oil Change.

newman

Registered
I just want to thank Blanca for his fairing tutorial. Done a oil and oil filter change for the first time on my Busa. Of course Lynne helped me. Put in full synthetic oil. Took a bit of time, mostly getting the fairing back on. But all good.

I always check engine mounts when I have fairing off after I found one slightly loose which was causing a knocking,30 seconds with a torque wrench done.(looked tight but wasent)any way well done

I just did my oil change yesterday on my 03' but the header is right in front of the filter... and I had to remove the bolt on the bottom of the oil cooler and bend the braket out of the way to get it out (suzuki filter) the K&n should be easyer to loosen with the 17mm bolt. But would still have to remove the bolt to the oIL cooler bottom braket and bend it again to get it out..

I just did my oil change yesterday on my 03' but the header is right in front of the filter... and I had to remove the bolt on the bottom of the oil cooler and bend the braket out of the way to get it out (suzuki filter) the K&n should be easyer to loosen with the 17mm bolt. But would still have to remove the bolt to the oIL cooler bottom braket and bend it again to get it out..

You must have aftermarket headers then.

Yes, I used to do it that way on my 09 it had muzzy headers/exhaust, @08BusaKY did so as well I think his were stock headers, so yes it can be done
great to know I am about to soon do my 1st oil change on my gen2 and was debating on taking it to dealer. thanks for the info. they should make youtube video lol. but then again its probably super easy.

great to know I am about to soon do my 1st oil change on my gen2 and was debating on taking it to dealer. thanks for the info. they should make youtube video lol. but then again its probably super easy.
@c10 we have our very own hayabusa.org mechanic who does PROFESSIONAL youtube videos. use the search button)

c10's garage is the name!

right fairing off for filter change? yes allways - i guess

but line? you mean the hose / pipe from motor to oil cooler ? or what?

I'm really groping in the dark .

a foto would help so much :bowdown:

Back