Official mileage of pirelli angels

Talk about cutting it close. We put 6500 miles on the trip, I have about 70 miles more than Steve because I rode to his house the first morning and we came back to his house first. I pulled into Steve's house to change the tires back to the pilot pures and here is what I saw when I took the tire off.

Talk about calling it close. So we now know that Pirelli Angels can get 6570 miles and that's it. If you get 12000 miles out of an angel you must ride like grandma all the time.

:laugh:Thats a good one about the grandma part.I cant wait for your reviews on the pilot pures since it states in the website that it is lighter than many of the tyres in the market.:thumbsup:

I'd bet you would get better mileage riding in-town, where a significant percentage of your miles are spent leaned over.

Note to self...stay out of your town. j/k

If i didn't go looking for corners I would probably rarely use the last 2inches of the tire durring normal comuting. Totaly agree though on how un-worn the sides look in comparison.

wow.....

umm... so yeah, the only thing i can say in my defense, is that I put the angels on post wreck, so yeah, i did drive like grandma for a little while... but then i was back to my old self

what is interesting is the side by side comparison. they seem like they were worn about the same.

i dont know how i got 2x the mileage out of mine. Cap, what other tire mileage have you got?

Hey man my apologies to you if you took this thread as an attack.. I didn't even know that you had another thread up with your numbers listed. The 11k was something that I had heard floating around.

I can see where someone would get more mileage out of an Angel if they didn't have the luggage but to double what I got is just hard to believe, not impossible it appears though... We didn't tear up the highway the whole trip, there was some spirited riding but in the end it was more about touring than carving up the road.

Please accept my apology as my statements were never directed at you or anyone else.... Just a comment from my experience that I think came across wrong..

You can see from your numbers that you get better mileage out of all tires than most so maybe you can pass on your secrets...

Thanks,

cap

I waisted my rear Angel at around the same mileage, but they have a lot of messing around mileage on them. Lots of hard accelerations and engine breaking at Robbinsville. This set will be interesting to see my #'s since I already have a track day on them and was surprised how well they did..

This was after 2 hard 20 min sessions.. Granted my hard riding and yours definitely vary.. Lol
Front tire..

Rear(obviously)

45737_436381063304_680928304_4875609_6932083_n.jpg

Last edited:
The boys had approx. 4,500 miles on their tires when this was taken! :)

- Cap N Steve Downieville.AVI[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries. I am the reason you heard 11k running around. all of those miles (pre-pures) were highway commuting. 101 miles to work, 101 miles home, and very little spirited riding. now, when I came out to SoCal... thats a different story. i will put them back on after the q2's and see how they fair now. The point I was trying to make was that they outlasted the storms (for me) but your data seems that the wear is the same.

What is going to be interesting, Killerrudy has a set of angels on now. and he got something like 16k out of the stock Gen II tires. I seriously think he will get 20k+ out of them.

Hey man my apologies to you if you took this thread as an attack.. I didn't even know that you had another thread up with your numbers listed. The 11k was something that I had heard floating around.

I can see where someone would get more mileage out of an Angel if they didn't have the luggage but to double what I got is just hard to believe, not impossible it appears though... We didn't tear up the highway the whole trip, there was some spirited riding but in the end it was more about touring than carving up the road.

Please accept my apology as my statements were never directed at you or anyone else.... Just a comment from my experience that I think came across wrong..

You can see from your numbers that you get better mileage out of all tires than most so maybe you can pass on your secrets...

Thanks,

cap

Always gonna be some form of tradeoff for performance....I'm sure you are glad that tire held out on all those mountain roads for sure!

Good read Cap... info that can be used... I have a Pilot Pure on the back..holding up pretty well.. Pardini had a pure on the front and said it did not last..maybe too heavy of a bike for the front app.

Diablo stradas are pretty good for mileage. I'd recommend those to anyone if that is what they are looking for.

I got about 8k on mine and they still look new. But I dont ride hard on a straight road only twisties. And my brother has about 7k on his and the sides are starting to go. But im really happy.

im having a hard time with this whole tire mess. I am 6'3", 230 and i commute every day on my busa, roughly 100 miles a day. I have 11k on me OEM tires and they still got a lot in them, im gonna change them come next season just becuz. But i dont see how you cant get over 10k out of a set of rubbers. I dont do burn outs or wheelies, but i am in the triple digits often, and do a fare amount of riding, Approx. 15k a year.

Captain, the wear on those show you either never go around corners or they were over inflated.
Either way, if that's what you like (wearing down the middle) it's is OK, helps the economy.
O.

Captain, the wear on those show you either never go around corners or they were over inflated.
Either way, if that's what you like (wearing down the middle) it's is OK, helps the economy.
O.

BAAAAAAWAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA you have no idea dude....

People make me laugh with their ignorance...

cap

i'm onto my 2nd rear angel so far.. i've gotten about 10k out of the front angel and it is probably less than half worn. will probably become cupped before the tread wears down on it. my first rear angel went close to 10k miles before i got a nail in it. it was about ready to start showing threads though. i was doing a lot of interstate traveling at the time though, roughly 160ish miles a day. i have the 2nd angel on now, and at 2k miles it still has plenty of life left in it.

When you do this trip, full load of gear in the summer,....the center of the tire tends to wear. Making it 6500miles on one set of tires speaks volumes. Enough said.

picture002.jpg

When you do this trip, full load of gear in the summer,....the center of the tire tends to wear. Making it 6500miles on one set of tires speaks volumes. Enough said.

Im glad we didn't take any curves, also glad my tire pressure monitoring system showed the tires BELOW the suggested pressure.... Hey didn't your Avon have the exact same problem? hrrmmmm maybe you don't know how to take a curve either!

Last edited:
BAAAAAAWAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA you have no idea dude....

People make me laugh with their ignorance...

cap

True I am ignorant of your riding style (and a lot of other things!)
Don't stress and no offense intended.
Great that you can laugh about it as any cheer is better than none.
So I guess you know exactly what you are doing with your rubber!
Most people take a while, many sets of rubber and possibly some tarmac contact to realize that they are not Freddie Spencer, but I guess you already know that!
O.

True I am ignorant of your riding style (and a lot of other things!)
Don't stress and no offense intended.
Great that you can laugh about it as any cheer is better than none.
So I guess you know exactly what you are doing with your rubber!
Most people take a while, many sets of rubber and possibly some tarmac contact to realize that they are not Freddie Spencer, but I guess you already know that!
O.

Dude I'm not stressed at all and no offense taken. I'm just not sure how you came up with you're conclusion....

I have seen my share of tires, I have ridden a lot of miles on the busa too... The interesting part is that you have no idea what my riding abilities are or how much air pressure I was running but you had already made up your mind...

Gotta love it......

cap

Back