Off Duty Police Officer Killed While Riding His Motorcycle

Here is a perfect example of how the news spins reality into what they want the general public to believe.
Article states they dont know how he lost control of his motorcycle... He was doing a wheelie through an intersection and lost control slamming into a truck.. News doesnt want to say an officer was doing a wheelie on his sport bike when he lost control so that just leave it as a mystery... Police officers are law abiding citizens so they want the general public to believe :whistle: He was also DOA when he arrived article says he died at the hospital. Spin Spin Spin...

Off-Duty Officer Killed In Motorcycle Crash Downtown - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

How do you know he was doing Wheelie? Can you cite that report?

Wheelie or not the report says he ran a red light, so he was definitely hamming it up. Still, it's one of our own down so that's a bad thing. It's funny but I give the low wave to motorcycle cops just like any other rider, sometimes they even acknowledge it with a wave back.......

Even though the news report is evasive, it gives enough info to tell he was up to something. "Lost control", ran the red light fast enough to hit a pickup hard enough to knock his helmet and shoes off. Witness statement "didn't think a pickup would sustain that much damage from a motorcycle". No charges filed against the driver of the pickup. Wheelie of not, he was squiding, and paid dearly for it. RIP..

prayers for him and his... regardless of profession, regardless of action, it always saddens me when riders go down.

Actually, I think he was just doing his normal 150mph run on his way to work? :dunno:

RIP

When you loose control on a wheelie you fall down. By the appearance of the truck and the bike he was upright on impact!

Here is a perfect example of how the news spins reality into what they want the general public to believe.
Article states they dont know how he lost control of his motorcycle... He was doing a wheelie through an intersection and lost control slamming into a truck.. News doesnt want to say an officer was doing a wheelie on his sport bike when he lost control so that just leave it as a mystery... Police officers are law abiding citizens so they want the general public to believe :whistle: He was also DOA when he arrived article says he died at the hospital. Spin Spin Spin...

Off-Duty Officer Killed In Motorcycle Crash Downtown - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

I'm assuming you witnessed this ??? or just slandering a deceased individual on the internet. They almost always state DOA because EMS personnel aren't qualified to pronounce dead at the scene only doctors. You must have really got stung good brother, to have all the hate you got going on up in here. Well time for me to log off, get showered and beat the living snot out of the first individual i see walking down the street today wearing a hoodie, because I can .......

Have a great day

Not a word of sympathy from the original poster
Rider dead and just concentrating on alleged spin and his occupation
I find that offensive

Well time for me to log off, get showered and beat the living snot out of the first individual i see walking down the street today wearing a hoodie, because I can .......

:laugh:

RIP to the rider - even if he was riding a wheelie, it's sad. A young life lost, and leaving behind a young family :(.

I was born here, and I've lived here almost my entire life. I know this intersection and it's a bad one, in a crowded part of town. The road surface is not good with plenty of bumps patches. It's not even in a good part of town with lots of traffic - maybe he was speeding or being a hooligan, but I doubt it as he knows he'd lose his badge. I have yet to see ONE story or witness that says he was doing a wheelie. It could have just as easily (or more likely) have been a oil/water spot, bad road, bad/unbled/unridden in 6 months and fault/bike. And even then, it only takes ONE mistake, and bad timing.

LOT's of accidents, whether doing something stupid or not, fall under the 'lost control' moniker - because that IS the fact. He did not have the right of way, and for one reason or another he lost control and did not yield. He's got two kids and a wife here in town - don't you think that's enough? The man put his life on the line in multiple deployments while serving in the armed forces, and again when he became a police officer. He deserved more respect than you gave him in the OP

Donn, unless you can provide a link that confirms he was doing a wheelie, it was irrresponsible of you to make that claim and I think you should reconsider. .

regardless to how this all played out, we lost a fellow rider and my condolences to his family and friends.

Back