Obama's pledge....Unbelievable

JET-A

Wishing I was riding
Donating Member
Registered
Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution
Michele Chang

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon, including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may break with a centuries-old tradition.

A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Administration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.

"The oath to the Constitution is as old as the document itself." the spokesman said, "At no time in American history, not even in the Civil War, did the oath change or the subject of the oath differ. It has always been to the Constitution."

The back-and-forth between the White House and the Defense Department was expected as President George W. Bush left office. President Obama has already signed orders to close Guantanamo and to pull combat troops from Iraq. But, this, say many at the Defense Department, goes too far.

"Technically, we can't talk about it before it becomes official policy." the spokesman continued. "However, the Defense Department, including the Secretary, will not take this laying down. Expect a fight from the bureaucracy and the brass."

Sources at the White House had a different point of view. In a circular distributed by White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, the rationale for the change was made more clear.

"The President feels that the military has been too indoctrinated by the old harbingers of hate: nationalism, racism, and classism. By removing an oath to the American society, the soldiers are less likely to commit atrocities like those at Abu Ghraib."

"We expect a lot of flak over this," the classified memo continues. "But those that would be most against it are those looking either for attention or control."

The time frame for the changes are unknown. However, it is more likely that the changes will be made around the July 4th holiday, in order to dampen any potential backlash. The difference in the oath will actually only be slight. The main differences will be the new phrasing. It is expected that the oath to the Constitution will be entirely phased out within two years.

Gimme a break.. Why post this disinformation here? I can just imagine people spewing coors, budweiser and michelob all over their keyboards just before loading all the guns in the house.
:laugh:

If you do an internet search on it there are quite a few stories on it and quite a bit of discussion but none of them are from trusted news sites. I was also not able to find a story anywhere that states that General James Cartwright has disputed this claim. I'm sure he has to be aware of the story floating around, seems like if it were a hoax or something he did not say he would be attempting to clear his name of it. I'm not putting stock in the statement or accepting it as truth, however I'm not going to be so blind to say it will never happen either.

Also one thing I found of interest, this is what Hitler did when he took power. Now don't go flaming me saying I'm comparing B.O. to Hitler cause I'm not. Just pointing out a segment of history related to this claim.

It's all part of the new world order. Pretty soon he'll start a universal religion.

:rofl: Funny stuff. It had me for about 15 seconds...

If I had to swear an oath to a man? I never would have served.

Its plausible.

Oh great, now let's start knocking Obama over a stupid email that has nothing to do with anything he's done or has plans to do. I am physically capable of starting my neighbor's house on fire. Somebody should check on this right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gimme a break.. Why post this disinformation here? I can just imagine people spewing coors, budweiser and michelob all over their keyboards just before loading all the guns in the house.
:laugh:

Tequila in my case

If you do an internet search on it there are quite a few stories on it and quite a bit of discussion but none of them are from trusted news sites. I was also not able to find a story anywhere that states that General James Cartwright has disputed this claim. I'm sure he has to be aware of the story floating around, seems like if it were a hoax or something he did not say he would be attempting to clear his name of it. I'm not putting stock in the statement or accepting it as truth, however I'm not going to be so blind to say it will never happen either.

Also one thing I found of interest, this is what Hitler did when he took power. Now don't go flaming me saying I'm comparing B.O. to Hitler cause I'm not. Just pointing out a segment of history related to this claim.

You can not be serious
Posted via Mobile Device

No, not true, not ever gonna happen. It's an illegal order that would be refused en-masse.

Back