Not sure about the busa

smbball32

Registered
I've been riding for almost 3 years now, for which I have been on a sv650. I am looking at upgrading to the busa. I'm looking for any input anyone has, as far as where I can get replacement parts from, common mods, things to look for when buying one...things like that. Also how is insurance on this compared to like a gsx-r 750? The only reason I ask is because someone at the dealership said it might be cheaper because it is a sport touring bike...

sorry for the double post, but I am looking at a bike already. It is a black 04. It has been laid down on the right side, but is still drivable(only minor scratches). The exhaust is also scratched, so I am looking at upgrading that. Any suggestions on pipes?

You might want to call about insurance. It can be high because of the size of motor. Pipes are a prefrence thingy.

1)where I can get replacement parts from,

2) common mods,

3) things to look for when buying one...

4) Also how is insurance on this compared to like a gsx-r 750?

5) might be cheaper because it is a sport touring bike...

Answers... If you feel you are ready for 165 horsepower on tap any time, than welcome to the madness. :laugh:

1) Me. And lots of other sponsors on board who are there to help you out anytime you need it, ntm all the members here.

2) Common mods really depends on what direction you want to go with the bike. Busa owners are split into three categories: bling/custom, drag-race/performance & the sport-touring guys. All the bikes are set up diffferently, but underneath we still own the same bike.
You can start here with a lil page I've spent years writing:
As you can see, I'm on the sport-touring side and have 80,000 travel miles on mine.

3) First set a budget for yourself. How much ya got? $5000, $7K, 10K? Get one with the lowest miles you can afford. Busa's are plentiful and relatively the same 99-07. Biggest difference is paint. I choose my paint scheme and went hunting for this specific model and color. Love the looks still to this day. :bowdown:

4) Insurance, likely less, but lots of varibles there. Clean record, older, etc. it's cheap, low as $500 full coverage for some. Others $2000 a year. Long as you can afford it- get full coverage. Odds are that you'll need it at some point. :whistle:

5) Sport-touring bike = yes. Depends on the insurance co though, but technically speaking, most insurance co look at the busa as a sport-touring bike vs. a hyper-peformance ass kicking machine. I won't tell if you won't. If they see it at the latter, keep looking.

And since I get to be one the fine sponsors of this great site, I get to tell you about this too: www.PashnitBusa.com
Click over, but first bury the pocket book in the backyard. :cheerleader:

Few days ago... Long live the Busa.:thumbsup:

Img_2182_busa_pacific.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, she can be a lion or a lamb, it just depends on the twist of your right wrist.:thumbsup:

I upgraded to the Busa from a 2005 V-Strom 650. It's basically the same bike as your SV, but with an "adventure touring" style to it. I was intimidated by the power for about 1 day. It's all in your wrist. It only goes as fast as you want it to. One the right road, under the right conditions, it's the smoothest ride on earth.

I've owned an 04 and today I got delivery of my 08. I tell you it is a great bike and I want to sport tour my bike like PashNit. Go to his site and you will get hooked on sport touring...

I have full coverage with $500 deductible from State farm at $234 a year (Indiana)

Great ride...

Full coverage for me is $3,200/year with $500 ded.(ohio) You need to check insurance and make sure you save money for gear. ATGATT!!!

And :welcome:

yeah be carefull cause they wanted 535 a month for me so be carefull before your locked in if your in a state that requires insurance with no tickets in over 5 years

Insurance can vary from agent to agent even in the same company. Check the ins. thing first, mods are everywhere. Hayabusa is second only to HD in mods available. Drag racing, twisties, touring, custom show, pick your direction and there's enough stuff to bankrupt you in short order.:thumbsup:

Back