Just joined the forum

ldposse

Registered
I've been lurking here for a while, and decided to join.

My current ride is a '90 Katana 750, but I've been drooling over the new '08 busa's.

I've been riding since '03, with about 9,000 miles on the Katana and 5000 miles on a HD sportster. I'm 28, and ride within the law about 98% of the time, but I still crank the speed up higher from time to time.

I have also ridden a friend's GSX-R 750, and love the power and handling, but not the riding position, I'm much more fond of the Kat's sport-touring attitude. I like going on 200+ mile rides, which is nothing on the Kat, but I wouldn't want to run a gixxer that far. The Kat's attributes I'm not fond of, is the top-heavyness, sputtering carburetors, fouled spark plugs, hard starting in temps <50F, engine that sounds like a thrashing machine, etc....

I was thinking the busa might be a logical step up from a Katana.. I wanted to hear what some current owners would have to say.

Also, what do you folks pay for insurance? The best quote I could find was $86 per month, my Kat is only $86 per year. that is a big sticking point for me at this time.

Thanks!!

Welcome to the board
beerchug.gif

A Busa is nothing like a Katana
all_coholic.gif

Much bigger, heavier, faster...and SMOOOOOTHER
super.gif

AAA is fantastic! They have tow ins. and roadside service! Lamb pays $2300 yearly for 2003 Infinity, 2006 Nissan truck and the '05 missile! All full coverage! You have to have a good driving record for AAA though!

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
aboard!

Check out State Farm. I pay less than $20 / mo for Full Coverage!

Please post up some pics of your current scoot - we love pics around here...and it's the
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

to the board  
beerchug.gif
  Can't offer any comments as far as moving up to a Busa from a Katana since my 07 is my first sports bike, but it is an incredible machine  
super.gif
  Also, you may want to search for keyword "insurance" because there was a recent thread on this subject that has some very good info.

to the Site, and I don't think you'll have any problems riding the Busa if your brain is mature. It's not a bike to see what it will do the first time your on it since your coming from bikes with about 50 less HP . But, with your experience, NO PROBLEM  
super.gif

well as far as the insurance goes i would kill for 86 a month the best i could find was 535 a month and i havent had any tickets in almost 5 years but im also 23 but go for it best investment i've ever made

I was thinking the busa might be a logical step up from a Katana[/Quote]
I came from a Katana to the busa and loved every minute of it

I learned to ride on my Busa. Go with it. Just be gentle (at first anyway) with the throtle and test its limits in small incriments.

I came from the back seat of my dad's 64 Chevy
wow.gif

smile.gif

Welcome to the Org!

(ldposse @ Jul. 17 2007,23:36) I've been lurking here for a while, and decided to join.

My current ride is a '90 Katana 750, but I've been drooling over the new '08 busa's.

I've been riding since '03, with about 9,000 miles on the Katana and 5000 miles on a HD sportster.  I'm 28, and ride within the law about 98% of the time, but I still crank the speed up higher from time to time.

I have also ridden a friend's GSX-R 750, and love the power and handling, but not the riding position, I'm much more fond of the Kat's sport-touring attitude.  I like going on 200+ mile rides, which is nothing on the Kat, but I wouldn't want to run a gixxer that far.  The Kat's attributes I'm not fond of, is the top-heavyness, sputtering carburetors, fouled spark plugs, hard starting in temps <50F, engine that sounds like a thrashing machine, etc....

I was thinking the busa might be a logical step up from a Katana..  I wanted to hear what some current owners would have to say.

Also, what do you folks pay for insurance?  The best quote I could find was $86 per month, my Kat is only $86 per year.  that is a big sticking point for me at this time.

Thanks!!
I just bought a new GSXR-750 Friday and rode it over 700 miles this weekend...very comfortable on long runs. I will be 57 years old next month.

IMG_3314.jpg

Welcome to the oRg!! A buddy of mine has a Kat right now and routinely "borrows" my Busa because he loves it...I think it's a good move and there are deals on insurance to be found, just look around. I've heard great things about State Farm. I'm one of the few with Progressive that seems satisfied, but I've been with 'em for years...

Best of luck!
beerchug.gif

My 23 year old son has an SV650 he checked insurance quotes for months prior to his purchase and State Farm offered him the best deal. It may be because we have been with them for 30+ years and I have house, 3 cars, and 4 motorcycles insured with them. Although, he has his own account I think they give him the multi-vehicle coverage discount based on all my stuff.

As requested, here's the pic of my current ride -

Note : The bungee strap is for holding down small cargo, not holding the seat on
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Katana_for_Web.JPG

Back