Nos

TJFAST

Registered
I've used nos on cars and a bike but never with fuel injection. What mods do i need and what kind of power can i get without damage to my busa?
aktion035.gif
devil.gif
:hammerhead:

TJFAST,

You have mail with some info. Unless you plan on drag racing I would not go with a full wet NOS system. You can get about 150hp hit, but can do some real damage to the bike.

You can get up to 170-175hp with mods even before NOS. If you are really set to have a NOS on the Busa (You are really sick) Go with a dry NOS that will give you a smooth hit of 23-30hp. I suggest you do it in stages and don't worry about the NOS until you maxed out the mods. NOS, does have some advantages if done right over rebuilding the engine with a bigger bore etc..

Also remember to put on a safety cut-off switch.

what kind of mods can get you 170 horse? and also, how much do those cost?

another thing i wanted to add..but not sure if it was what ninja eater was talkin about... but be sure to put some sort of safety switch to where if the fuel pressure drops below the recomended psi, then the squeze is off.

but u already knew that since u said u'd been usin it before but i just wanted to be sure

good luck...n2o on a busa would be freakin cool lol

You could get to 170hp or so with;

1. Airbox mod (small or large) 3hp
2. PC II (needed to regulate the new fuel mixtures.)
3. Good PC II map to go with your setup. 4hp
4. Good set of pipes. (I prefer HMF but any good set will work)12hp. The rest is up to the bike, it should range from about 167-172hp

Also dry NOS is not as critical on low pressure, but is still a good idea to regulate.

Did any of you people read Lee shierts page on 9/10 th's competion..he claimed the small airbox mod gave him 10 hp's..re: probably with full exhaust mod though..and more?
anyway..i live and ride at 5000 feet elevation..yesterday i did
what you guy's said to do a wheelie..5000 revs..back off and gasit""  wanted to come straight up and over..real quick....
Busa's just nuts..waaaaaay' fun..you are in control of your own destiny....as it should be...small airbox mod and punched
though stock mufflers..no tre no pcII  ..watdoyasay??
ernaehrung019.gif

I redesigned my Nitrous system to suit my needs. I have sprayed as much as 125 hp with no problems. Progressive controller,Fuel pressure safety switch,timing retarder and window switch are good parts to use on a wet system
MVC010S.JPG

biggrin.gif
if your after additional power from the Busa, you might want to consider a professionally fitted Turbo, depending on the type of system you opt for, power output can be increased in three stages, first stage fit will increase BHP to 250Bhp and leaves the bike still very rideable, the next power jump is to around the 350Bhp mark, with the fitting and upgrading of certain engine parts, such as Pistons etc, and finally the final jump is to a massive 450Bhp, without damage to the engine, but at this sort of output, the Busa is a totally different beast altogether, definately not for the faint hearted!!!... anyone intrested drop me a line and although maybe not the cheapest , but by far the best and most powerful increases for the Busa .....

Back