Noob Undertail Question

Booosa777

Registered
Okay folks... Just made the jump up from a CBR to the Busa, now the madness and credit busting of the mods begins all over again...

Already took care of the standard crap, dumped the reflectors/stickers, installed carbon decal everything, etc..  Just installed Yosh TRS bolt-ons....

Next project is the undertail.. I had a CompetitionWerkes (fender elim) on the CBR. and was looking at the same brand for the Busa...  I notice that most on here favor the UFO, Top Gun, Mototeck, etc... but not much info about the Comp Werkes ....  Don't plan on lowering the bike, so the  clearance is not an issue. The others look nice, but the comp werkes looks okay for my needs, and don't want to roll out that much $$$ for the others (Comp Werkes is about $179)...

So whats the story with the Competition Werkes tail?? Will I look like a tightwad Homer if I install one??  I would like to eventually install an integrated signal light, will the Competition Werkes tail interfere with my future plans??

I call upon the gods for an answer??  
bowdown.gif

PS... Looks like I already screwed up as I didn't buy the fastest color!!!!

and before I'm asked, heres the mandatory Pix (pre-mod anything)

PIC-0014.jpg

Welcome! I have been trying to dig up info on the Competition Werkes Fender kit for a few weeks now and not a lot exists. I like the looks of it (though I could frankly do without the Louvers)more than some of the Gawdier under tails out there.
welcome.gif

I do see a little bit of black paint in that color scheme... ( black being the fastest color) so you didn't mess up that bad...
beerchug.gif

There are a ton of busas in your area this weekend. Call GSXCite to hook up with them and see all of your options. Hal 816-516-4607

Thanks for all the kind words, input, and welcomes...

Didn't hear anything + bout the comp werkes tail....  guess that means I need to lay out another $60 bux  
tounge.gif
 for the Top Gun or Cyclops....

Probably cheeeeeper in the long run, the Comp werkes just uses the stock light assembly, and would have to lay out even more bux later to replace that...Might as well just replace the whole kit n' kaboodle all at once...

Probably leaning to the Cyclops, from what I read on here, it has the brightest lights.  Safety being a big issue here in okiesville, lots of intoxicated bubbas with oversized pickups.

Thanks for helping me out, I know this issue has been whipped to death a few zillion times.

Welcome! I have been trying to dig up info on the Competition Werkes Fender kit for a few weeks now and not a lot exists. I like the looks of it (though I could frankly do without the Louvers)more than some of the Gawdier under tails out there.
welcome.gif
I agree that a lot of the undertails are to blingy for me.

I believe the louvers in the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator are for the license plate light to shine throught to the plate.

I've heard that the directions for this kit really sucks. I emailed their tech support to request a copy of the directions. If they are that bad and I have to spend a lot of time figuring it out, I'll just fab my own.

Blue1

I do see a little bit of black paint in that color scheme... ( black being the fastest color) so you didn't mess up that bad...
beerchug.gif
Welcome !! And You didn't mess up to bad as RED is the fastest color ! If you ever want to lower without ever hitting then you would want a motorhead undertail from SHorg

000_0325.JPG

Back