Noob question about the fi restricitons

LordMax

Registered
OK..yeah I searched around a bit and no topics in particular about this. Unless of course in another forum...Any whoo...
Sorry if I type up a redundant topic.

The Politics of the states I guess have placed restrictions on the busa and other bikes. In other words...no stock 200+ bikes. My thoughts on this.....Weak and typical political controlling bs.

I just got my Busa...Been riding on the streets for years and as a kid street riding illegally and off road....had a brother crash and die on a bike...had two friends run off the road by a woman driver and crash and die..you name it...I have seen it or felt it...Over the bars at 50 MPH and smacking the pavement etc.

Ok..sounds like I ride wreckless....no. After my brother crashed and was killed I let my old honda sit for over a year...scared to death to ride. After a great deal of thinking I thought of how my bro would go off on me for not riding...so I went out and bought a big cruiser and now the busa.

To the point:
I have noticed that the busa after 2002 is now detuned? Being a married man with kids you may ask why do I care?
First...restrictions by government make me ill. The busa was the top end king...and they took its crown on a technicality because I guess they are to concerned for our well being as citizens...Do I wear my seatbelt?? When I damn well feel like it!

Correct me if I'm wrong but the FI is mapped to lean out after 185? Can someone give me the low down on the castration?
Also...whats the best way to overcome this? Can it be changed? I have noticed some folks remapping the FI..is this the fix?

The mere mention of restricted pisses me off....I want my busa the way it was intended to run...not the way some other azzhole feels it should run.

If I am way off base on this feel free to flame me up...I can take it...I'm no noob to forums and by far no noob to bs and politics.

<!--EDIT|LordMax
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141874023 -->

its not leaned out up top. Its just a computer trick. The computer knows when its in 6th gear and restricts it to 186mph.

get a timing retard eliminator (TRE). It will make the computer think its in 5th gear when in fact its still in 6th.

You'll be able to run the bike for all its worth. Bet you still won't get to 200mph though. Just not enough power. I've heard people saying mid 180s and low 190s stock but who really knows.

Get a 40 dry shot and you'll make it there. I've heard it takes atleast 180 rwhp to get to 200. Busa is only around 150s.

You will have to use a TRE regardless of the power you have or you will never get there. Have a good one.

Don't waste the money on a TRE. Contact JohnnyCheese for the GPS mod. This is what the TRE is tricking to think it's in 5th. With this mod, the GPS works as if there was never a restriction.

JohnnyChees GPS mod....$70 if you send him yours and I think $120 if you buy it out right.....
wink.gif

ok...at least now I know what to look for. Thanks for the input. I just want my busa unrestricted...Who knows I may shoot over to the drag strip one of these days and I want nothing holding me back. I want to keep her as close to stock as I can, but I know that I can't if I want to squeeze every bit of juice from it.

Be safe
LM

Back