No Re-mapping needed for 08 Busa???

nasty nate

Registered
I keep hearing comments about how the new 2008 busa has the ability to re-map by its self and does not require a power commander with an aftermarket full exhaust.
Whats the real deal with this???  Can someone please explain to me???
thanks guys
RIDE SAFE

You still need a power commander. The only remapping it does is to comply emissions via the o2 sensor in the mid pipe. Yank the whole exhaust and get a full system and a PC-USB. Not only will you make more power you will save 35-38lbs in the process.

lurk.gif

You still need a power commander. The only remapping it does is to comply emissions via the o2 sensor in the mid pipe. Yank the whole exhaust and get a full system and a PC-USB. Not only will you make more power you will save 35-38lbs in the process.
You don't need the Power Commander the O/2 sensor keeps the air/fuel ratio pretty close to 13.1. I have a Full Yosh system wich I took to GPW to have tuned. After quite a few runs on the dyno to map the Power Commander we got only 1 to 1.5 HP more with the Power Commander. The stock ECU does a great job of mapping the system on the go with the O/2 sensor. If you keep the Power Commander on you also lose B/C modes because you can only map for 1 mode. Check out this thread for more info null

You don't need the Power Commander the O/2 sensor keeps the air/fuel ratio pretty close to 13.1. I have a Full Yosh system wich I took to GPW to have tuned. After quite a few runs on the dyno to map the Power Commander we got only 1 to 1.5 HP more with the Power Commander. The stock ECU does a great job of mapping the system on the go with the O/2 sensor. If you keep the Power Commander on you also lose B/C modes because you can only map for 1 mode. Check out this thread for more info  null
but i thought that the b and c modes where only done by using butterflies to restrict air flow

You don't need the Power Commander the O/2 sensor keeps the air/fuel ratio pretty close to 13.1. I have a Full Yosh system wich I took to GPW to have tuned. After quite a few runs on the dyno to map the Power Commander we got only 1 to 1.5 HP more with the Power Commander. The stock ECU does a great job of mapping the system on the go with the O/2 sensor. If you keep the Power Commander on you also lose B/C modes because you can only map for 1 mode. Check out this thread for more info  null
but i thought that the b and c modes where only done by using butterflies to restrict air flow
Read the thread ;)

The above mentioned thread is correct.Your stock ecu will correct the A/F to 14/1 with a aftermarket exhaust with stock o2 sensor in it.But the PC3 gives a tuner the ability to tune the bike to different A/F ratios through the power band maximizing torque & HP.This is why you see varying HP numbers between tuners & Dynos.If you are looking for a average running bike then get a pipe & use the stock o2 sensor.If you want a above average running bike,take it to a reputable tuner & put a PC3 on it & get it tuned.My 2 cents
smile.gif

i didn't see the link but on other threads they said its due to restrictive butterflies

as of right now i have a yosh tri oval full system and no pc3 ,even though i have it in my garage , i have not installed it yet but plan on doing so after bikeweek in daytona and i will get the bike tuned..no problesm without it being on there though..

Scoot, by no problems please elaborate..  does it run perfect? no low rpm sputters? good crisp throttle response? I think if it was running perfect you would not be having it tuned no?

I added a Yoshi R77 and went ahead and did the power commander with a map. Cheap insurance in my mind. Plus, if I cam it it later or change pistons, etc, I have all the base info I need to compare.

Yeah, I am kind of anal but that's just me.

HAY !! Any one hit this 08 closed loop with a 20 shot or so of nitrous ? Would it burn up before it could react? Or is this a stupid question
guns.gif

Back