Attachments

• ECU-Flash Hayabusa Gen3 2021 erweitert.pdf
    682 KB · Views: 48
if u got the gen3-ecu flashed this way - see jpg/pdf in the appendix

soooooooooooo much more Nm at lower rpm than usual

the red line tells the factory values
the blue line is the flash

View attachment 1683556
How on earth can a gen 3 make that much torque over any other tuned generation of Hayabusa?

There has to be some serious engine work done to it for it to make those Hp and Tq figures

Even Moore Mafia that probably flashes and tunes a couple hundred Hayabusas of all generations isn't able to make those figures without a pile of work and even then isn't making anywhere near those torque values.

How on earth can a gen 3 make that much torque over any other tuned generation of Hayabusa?

There has to be some serious engine work done to it for it to make those Hp and Tq figures

Even Moore Mafia that probably flashes and tunes a couple hundred Hayabusas of all generations isn't able to make those figures without a pile of work and even then isn't making anywhere near those torque values.

if u got the gen3-ecu flashed this way - see jpg/pdf in the appendix

soooooooooooo much more Nm at lower rpm than usual

the red line tells the factory values
the blue line is the flash

View attachment 1683556
I see two problems here.
100Nm Torque at almost idling RPM, is a bit ambitious, not going to happen.

The math between torque and engine speed to give the correct hp shows the power curve to be incorrect.

hi guys

believe the diagram.
even @Kojak, he is a two-wheel mechanic with a German master's certificate, has this flash (its values)
in his gen3 and is really excited/thrilled about these torques.

and don't worry - the test stand will be checked / calibrated often per year.
"its" measurements are 100% trustworthy.

Since my warranty expires in September, I've already thought about flashing the ECU. But as always, the question arises for me: is Suzuki really too stupid to do it himself? Yes, I know...tolerances, different climate zones, different loads...the manufacturer has to take all of that into account. But if it were so easy to offer such power and torque in series production, why doesn't Suzuki do it? The media's criticism of "aaaah it has far too little power, why not 200 HP, why not more power" would have been off the table.

In addition to the fact that I don't completely trust the tuner here, I constantly ask myself whether the Busa isn't too snappy and beastly in the lower speed range. Does this mean she loses her good-natured, bearish demeanor and becomes too sharp? Sure you can switch modes and mess around in B or C pussy mode, but... I don't know...

no bee - the engine itself is still in original shape - nothing done at the hardware.
There must be some magic going on to get anywhere close to those torque numbers.....

Hp such as that I can see with lots of bolt ons (pipe, filter, velocity stacks, cams, flash, etc) but torque figures are a different animal from all that I've read.

You've most likely seen this video.....Moore Mafia made 200 RWHP on race fuel and all the bolt ons/ins and still didn't make those torque figures depicted in your graph......

That's only 113 ft/lbs that isn't a big gain
Frank is in Europe, they talk a different language 90Nm at almost idling RPM, that is 66.28 ft-lb at around 1,600RPM, these bikes idle around 1300RPM

Before the flash it made 36ft-lb. at the same RPM.

It does not sound right, but if that was right, the bike will beat any H2 in the quarter provided you can keep the front down in 1 st gear.

wait, what ? starting torque at nearly 100nm????????
read my pdf and ? .
yes the values are taken by a yearly calibrated "ackermann" test bench
and i know "jan stecher" personally - so i know i can trust him and his job.

ask @Kojak - he got exactly the same map on his gen3´s ecu and he is overwhelmed by the power/ the behavior his gen3 have.

the only prob/issue , a flasher will have - (i don´t know what exactly) a suzuki-shop has to do something with their softwrae to the gen3 that it will run the values of the pdf above.

read my pdf and ? .
yes the values are taken by a yearly calibrated "ackermann" test bench
and i know "jan stecher" personally - so i know i can trust him and his job.

ask @Kojak - he got exactly the same map on his gen3´s ecu and he is overwhelmed by the power/ the behavior his gen3 have.

the only prob/issue , a flasher will have - (i don´t know what exactly) a suzuki-shop has to do something with their softwrae to the gen3 that it will run the values of the pdf above.
I am getting really excited if this is actually happening. that is an enormous gain. My god.....

It must be "Element 115" used in he pistons and sleeves from reverse enginered Alien Technology :poke:

.............especially when there's almost an increase of 70 ft lbs of torque at 3000 RPM.........and it peaks at a little over 6000 rpm....then starts to drop like a stone

Somehow that torque chart is from another engine.....maybe it got mixed up....those values aren't from an in line 4 engine as I've never seen a dyno chart like that for an in line 4.

^^^^^^

I think what throws us a bit is the metric units for torque and perhaps we are being a bit hard on Frank.

Below is a link to an imperial test for a stock Gen3, more in line with what we are used to. If we look at that, normally measurement starts around 3,000 RPM and the torque is only slightly lower than Frank's ECU upgrade curve. So if we compare and convert the units, Frank's data at 3,000 RPM gives 84.88 ft. Lbs whereas the stock unadulterated Busa gives us 80 ft. lbs. (Nm converted to ft-lbs)

My guess is the first test before reprogramming, there was an issue with either not full throttle or cold tire slip on the dyno or something. My theory is supported by the fact that the first test, before 3,000 RMP the torque curve jumps all over the place.

Once again, rear wheel dynos have a lot of variables which can throw things way off.

Back