No Cut Frame Sliders

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, working on a friend's new 06' Busa (black and marooooooon)......

He has a set of the no-cut frame slider's with the brackets and the cross bar. The original owner installed Vortex sliders on the end of these long bolts...what a load of crap. They were actually loose on the ends of the bolts he threaded into the brackets off the motor mounts.

NOW, who has a set of these with the threaded rod that connects to the brackets, and which extra long slider fits in there ???. It's either find these, or have him get the cowls drilled and install the Vortex properly. Did I mention the original owner also installed Gixxer turn signals with one upside down ???....did I mention I just got done replacing the clutch fibers ????.......

So who has a set of the no-cut sliders and what is the right slider ????......

Thanks much for any and all help, as usual, and did everyone hear we're BANNING SCAR ????.........:moon:

Sorry, MY BAD...... :whistle: They're the T-Rex.... now, where can I get just the posts and sliders to get this thing reassembled properly ????..... anyone ????..... :super:

If I read this correctly. You would like to know The length and which side the sliders belong on?
I just woke up and I am on the first cup of coffee... :laugh:

Do a search on e-bay for this Item number: 140293010079. You will see the T-Rex slider there. :beerchug:

Thats what I'm saying contact T-Rex and get the needed parts from them.. :thumbsup:

Boy those T Rex guys are fast....I sent them an email last night and they got back to me today !!! Nice... :oldcool:

Thanks ALL !!!

djorgensen3 how hard were they to install? Did you have to remove the farings? What brand T-Rex? Sincxe they are no cut versions how did they look on the BUsa? Wardie

T-rex no cut frame sliders.
Hayabusa GSX-R1300

They attach to a strong powder coated bracket that bolts to the frame.
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

A stainless steel bar runs behind the radiator and attaches to the brackets that mount to the frame.

They stick out a fair amount and are made of plastic that would absorb impact and slide well.

The black plastic is not as blingy as the metal ones unfortunately.

There is a heavy stainless bolt that attaches the slider to the frame bracket.

It took me about an hour and a half to install them. Including fairing removal.

cheers
ken

Those look good...

Wish I'd know before -- I like mine, but it was painful cutting the fairing.

Oh well -- hope those work out for ya! :beerchug:

Dave

But its much heavier than those who installed those sliders that need fairing cutting

I'm under the impression the cross bar is NOT supposed to contact the radiator fins....the current condition is that the cross bar IS....He says to install the Vortex's instead.....I'm looking for my bits right now..... :super: "This will only hurt a little"...... :oldcool:

I have two fans on my busa and the cross bar does not touch the radiator or fans. It is very close but if you notice there is a cutout in the crossbar that has to be aligned with the radiator before you tighten the bolts that go into it. That bar also did not come in contact with the radiator when I crashed at 60mph so I fully trust them in a tip over.

Also let me add that the slider itself did not bend or break at all. The bracket that bolts to the frame bent and let me tell you what...that bracket is extremely strong. I tried to straighten the bent one in a 6" vice with a large hammer and with long Crescent wrenches and prybars and it took probably an hour to get it somewhat straight. I opted to just call up T-Rex and get an entire right side and new crossbar.

I just got my T-Rex sliders today for my 08. I total forgot that I have fairing screens. I guess that I'm going to have to cut around them or something. I'll figure it out.

Wow those are too short to prevent damage from dropping.At least needs 4 inches for each side

Back