Nitrous Questions

Lucky34

Registered
I was wondering what you guys recommend when it comes to nitrous. What is EVERYTHING you need to put nitrous on a stock busa... One of the scenarios I'm looking at right now would be something like A&J's kit with the controller box. $400 for the nitrous kit, $400 for the controlelr box, and that's it. Right? No need for a PCIII or any other crap? Get a switch to enable the nitrous and when at 100% throttle on a specified gear it sprays...

The other scenario is getting just the kit (either from A&J, or any other nitrous kit out there), hooking it up, and having a switch to arm the nitrous, and then, lets say, use the horn button to spray the nitrous. However, wouldn't I need a special fuel map for this? To avoid running lean and blowing something? If I was gonna go with something like this, What would I need besides just the nitrous kit? Would I need to get a PCIII and get a special map to run with nitrous?

What setup do you guys recommend? Any info appreciated...

** Also, what are the differences between the dry/wet systems? I'm looking for a max gain of 60 horses, so I "think" a dry kit would be better... wouldn't it? it seems like the wet kits are a lot more hassle **

<!--EDIT|Busaman86
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124527320 -->

the a&j kit (btc moto electronics) is fantastic,and it does include everthing you need,i like it so much that i want one for my zx12

but there is a problem,joe,who was selling them for 750.00
if you bought the dry nitrous and controller at the same time,has vannished,he has not been heard from since he got married (last post on sho was july 1st or 2nd)

i found a site in england that sells the kit,but they want 1,174.00 dollars,i have a thread going on sho (any us distributors for)that will provide a little insigt,but not much help

if anyone knows where i can get one of those controllers,or a complete kit at a reasonable price,i will buy another one in a second

with a standard dry kit you will need a pc to add fuel when you are spraying,a lot of people just add 3 bars on the high side

wet kits work very well,but they are complicated and expensive,and sometimes hurt power off the bottle

the a&j kit (btc moto electronics) is fantastic,and it does include everthing you need,i like it so much that i want one for my zx12

but there is a problem,joe,who was selling them for 750.00
if you bought the dry nitrous and controller at the same time,has vannished,he has not been heard from since he got married (last post on sho was july 1st or 2nd)

i found a site in england that sells the kit,but they want 1,174.00 dollars,i have a thread going on sho (any us distributors for)that will provide a little insigt,but not much help

if anyone knows where i can get one of those controllers,or a complete kit at a reasonable price,i will buy another one in a second

with a standard dry kit you will need a pc to add fuel when you are spraying,a lot of people just add 3 bars on the high side

wet kits work very well,but they are complicated and expensive,and sometimes hurt power off the bottle
Goldenchild has several controllers available,a couple new or like new in fact!

he has progressive nitrous controllers,something i also need, but i am looking for a fuel controller

** Also, what are the differences between the dry/wet systems? I'm looking for a max gain of 60 horses, so I "think" a dry kit would be better... wouldn't it? it seems like the wet kits are a lot more hassle ** [/QUOTE]

The dry Kit sprays NOS to the air box (These are the easiest to install). The wet kit mixes the fuel and the NOS... I dont know by personal experience, but people who do have kits on this bikes suggest that the wet kit is more safer compared to dry kit!!

but people who do have kits on this bikes suggest that the wet kit is more safer compared to dry kit!!
That is simply not true. If you install the dry kit correctly, it's fine.
Here is how this works: If you install a dry kit,you will need extra fuel from somewhere,whether its from a controller or relying on the bikes electronics to sense a lean condition and then adding fuel.

With a wet kit, you have the extra fuel with out a controller or having to rely on the bikes electronics, the only way to have a lean condition with a wet kit is:

1) your fuel solenoid doesnt work

2) you have installed the wrong fuel jet

3) you have installed the wrong nitrous jet (too big)

4) not enough fuel pressure

You see, nitrous is a liquid,when introduced into the combustion chamber and is compressed on the compression stroke, it releases oxygen,in order to create extra Hp, you must add fuel to go along with this extra oxygen to not only make the hp but to prevent a lean condition.

So, how is it that you think a wet kit is not safer, when so much more of the variables with regard to fuel have been removed for you?

With a dry kit, the extra fuel has to come from somewhere, whether its a powercommander,controller,increased fuel pressure or the onboard engine mgmt.

I'm not disagreeing with you if the kit is installed correctly,what I am saying is, if you spray lets say more than an advertised 35-40 hp,without a power commander or some other device to add the fuel, youre risking it.

Maybe Shenoys statement wasnt ALL true, but it is more true than not.If you spray more than the bikes electronics can compensate for,there will be a lean condition.

A proper dry kit will include some form of getting this extra fuel unless its a small kit.There is no way around this.

I realize there are dry kit manufacturers that are reputable,I'm not disputing that.I just would rather get my extra fuel via a fuel solenoid vs trusting the bikes electronics or having to remap.The fuel has to come from somewhere.NJ.

NJ, I agree that a wet kit is more idiot proof than a dry, but it's not any safer. The bottom line is that if you install or operate either system incorrectly they are both bad news. The point I was making that a dry kit is perfectly fine, tons of people have used them for years with no problems.
I agree that a wet system is better, but bang for the buck a 40 or 60 dry shot can't be beat......

NJ, I agree that a wet kit is more idiot proof than a dry, but it's not any safer. The bottom line is that if you install or operate either system incorrectly they are both bad news. The point I was making that a dry kit is perfectly fine, tons of people have used them for years with no problems.
I agree that a wet system is better, but bang for the buck a 40 or 60 dry shot can't be beat......
I'm cool brother,and like most, I like to save money when possible,the smaller dry kits are the way to go if the budget is tight.You wont ever hear me say 1 bad thing about an A&J or WON dry kit.NJ>

nj.enlighten me,what is a WON dry kit,i can't get a a&j kit at a reasonable price (for my 12) so i am looking for alternatives

Stay away from Muzzy's wet kit with the digi-kill, it SUCKS. my buddy has one, jetted and fueled for 60 hp, dyno'd at 24...... Digikill don't work right and the bottles will not hold more than 800psi, even on a 100 degree day.......FWIW

thanks for the tip,not sure what to get,really want a&j (btc moto electronics) kit,works real nice on my busa,nice clean map off the bottle,and scary power on the bottle,it dosen't get much better,may wait a bit to see if joe surfaces

would be a lot of fun,ZX12,with stock exhaust (it's modded but still quiet)co2 shifter and a 60 shot

thanks for the tip,not sure what to get,really want a&j (btc moto electronics) kit,works real nice on my busa,nice clean map off the bottle,and scary power on the bottle,it dosen't get much better,may wait a bit to see if joe surfaces

would be a lot of fun,ZX12,with stock exhaust (it's modded but still quiet)co2 shifter and a 60 shot
Give Golden Child a PM or call, he'll give you some options.
Sounds like you'll be breaking some Busa hearts with that 12 set-up. Should be a money maker!!

wet or dry that is the question.

a dry kit is safe as long as you follow some saftey precautions however dry kits have thier limits.

with a dry kit the extra fuel is being supplied by the injectors. all injectors have a duty cycle. if you exceed 80% of the duty cycle injecting the extra fuel needed to mix with the nitrous you risk over taxing your injectors and running lean.

a wet kit will not over affect your injectors and the stock FI system continues to run at normal duty cycle.

the properly setup wet kit will have a fuel pressure saftey switch that will shut down the system in the event your fuel pump gives out. the dry kit has no means of shutting down should your injectors fail to keep up with the fuel requirments of the nitorus you are pumping in.

now why do you want to keep your injectors duty cycle below 80%? well at 80% you are near the end of what your injectors can dish out. if you are running at 80% under normal conditions and suddenly the AIT sensor detects a temprature drop, then you need an extra margin for the injectors to add the needed fuel to compensate for the drop. 20% margin can be considered safe enough to keep you from leaning out. if you are running 95% of the injectors duty cycle you may run into problems supplying extra fuel.

so as you can see, a dry kit has limitations. sooner or later you will run into a wall.

the wet kit is limited by how much fuel you can pump but most wet kits fuel puimps can deliver enough to run a 100 shot without risking fuel supply issues.

so it sounds like a wet kit is better to have .who should I talk to about getting a wet kit (05 busa).

nj.enlighten me,what is a WON dry kit,i can't get a a&j kit at a reasonable price (for my 12) so i am looking for alternatives
WON stands for Wizards of nitrous, its a company out of the UK, there a little over priced, like everything in the UK, They have an excellent product,knowledgeable people,however I dont feel their product is as good as they say,But I'm partial to Amercan products anyway.NJ.

Double Post.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124807206 -->

WON stands for Wizards of nitrous, its a company out of the UK, there a little over priced, like everything in the UK, They have an excellent product,knowledgeable people,however I dont feel their product is as good as they say,But I'm partial to Amercan products anyway.NJ.
...Do they have a website Paul
rock.gif

Back