Newb from NJ

xlr8r

Registered
Picked up this 2004 LE few weeks ago. Bone stock except for the slipons and only 1500 miles on the clock. Long time Kawi rider - other bike is a ZX9 and prior bike was a ZX11. Took a lot to cross over to the dark side!

Great site btw.

misc+019.jpg

Yes, welcome to the dark side, we have cookies! Very nice bike and welcome to the oRg!
beerchug.gif

hello.gif
Welcome to the board. Nice bike ya got there. I'm a new convert myself, rode a ZRX1200 before and have so far completely enjoyed the change.
ThumbsUp.gif

Welcome to the oRg, thats a nice looking ride! Of course we've never seen a Busa we didn't appreciate....

Welcome xlr8r....... Good on ya for postin a pic
of your new machine..... Great find.....

1,500 miles?!!

that's mint! congrats and welcome to the madness MU HA HA HA HA HAAAA !!!
firedevil.gif

Thanks dudes. I'm surprised no one flamed me for the reflectors yet. They're gone now and just ordered some clear alternatives. Poor house here I come!

As for comparing it to my others, my ZX9 has some mods: lowered, geared -1/+2, full muzzy, jet kit and race air filter. It runs high 9s in the 1/4 and may be just a shade quicker than a stock busa, but after about 140, no contest, the big zook will smoke it. The funny thing about the busa is its deceptive power. Where my 9R hits hard about 9k, the busa is so smooth and strong throughout the whole powerband you don't realize how fast you're going. Anyway, I love the bike and plan on keeping it a long time.

Back