new Zero Gravity windscreen.....Sucks?

Personally I like the double bubble by ZG. The stock windscreen would kit me square in the chest and if I would squat, I couldn't get under it fully. This one hits me mid/low helmet and works nicely with the helmet vents and works perfect when I duck behind it.

If you want a wind screen that will completely protect you from the wind as your riding, look into something like this.
motorcycle_windshields_b04960.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. I wasnt sure exactly what my options were for a windscreen but now I know. Thats funny because I was originally thinking about a goldwing before I saw a busa with bags on it.

I wonder if Porsche owners complain about the lack of trunk space they have in there Carreras or if the Turbo Dodge 4X4 owners complain about the poor handling :dunno:

I wonder if Porsche owners complain about the lack of trunk space they have in there Carreras or if the Turbo Dodge 4X4 owners complain about the poor handling :dunno:

I wonder why people are sarcastic when someone is trying to make their bike suit their needs. :dunno:

I think you are looking for something that is hard to do on a sport bike. On the Hayabusa you are a part of the aerodynamics, that was a part of it's genius. Anything more is going to look odd and not really complement the lines of the bike.

+ 1000. But if OP really wants to (and the wallet is able), VARIO-TOURING MRA as mabupa suggested may be the answer.

9391-425x350.jpg

Good grief voodoo!! How tall are you??? I put the ZG ST on mine just last month and it deflected the air just to the top of my helmet and it works perfectly for me even in my normal riding position. I am 6'2" and I am actually looking forward to the wintertime commute now!!

When your body and the bikes aerodynamics cause your head to move like it's in a paint mixer anytime you're above 50 the Porsche or Dodge owner would probably have something to say.

Now I suppose I could Rickeyracer it up and ride in a full tuck all the time but frankly I don't want to intimidate everyone I see.

Good grief voodoo!! How tall are you??? I put the ZG ST on mine just last month and it deflected the air just to the top of my helmet and it works perfectly for me even in my normal riding position. I am 6'2" and I am actually looking forward to the wintertime commute now!!

Im only 6' but the ZGST puts the wind right into my face shield and actually starts to lift it up. I was thinking that between a tobin seat to lower my butt a little, Heli bars to bring my arms up a bit and the MRA shield I might have the perfect combo. One thing I didnt like as much is how long the ZGST is. It looks like the MRA is shorter but steeper at the top. I really want to get this bike comfortable for really long distance like Sturgis next year.

MRA Vario Screen is the only real choice for a touring screen on the Busa. I ride at a minimum 120 miles a day on the interstate with the MRA and sit straight up. By far the best touring shield I have used or seen for the Hayabusa.

While browsing that site, I had a look at their "double bubble".

I currently have a Zero Gravity double bubble on my bike but I was curious about the air intakes on these?

I only see it on their double bubble model, so one has to wonder... do these help a lot? If so, and they are reducing the low pressure behind the screen, then why don't they all have it?

What about rain?

Better than a ZG?

Hmmmmm....

27305_xl.jpg

I think I'd invest in a better quality helmet or maybe just a better fitting one before putting one of these super shield things on being discussed.

I'm 6'6, and can either get into or out of the line of wind with relatively minor body adjustment. If in the wind, my RF1100 has no problems moving around on my head and certainly never have to worry about my visor staying down.

When your body and the bikes aerodynamics cause your head to move like it's in a paint mixer anytime you're above 50 the Porsche or Dodge owner would probably have something to say.

Now I suppose I could Rickeyracer it up and ride in a full tuck all the time but frankly I don't want to intimidate everyone I see.

I think this is actually a complicated thing. I tried the Suzuki DB, Zero Gravity and one made my head buffet unless i held it just one certain way. The other made me feel like my helmet was being ripped off. So I tried the Puig and it feels perfect. If I lean forward a little I can find clam air in the winter and when going way too fast. Otherwise, it hits the upper part of my helmet and is fine. The only problem I have had with it is some fluttering of the shoulders of my jacket, which has more to do with the jacket being too big than anything.

Don't give up though, frustrating as it is you just have to find the right one. It's the same with rear sets. I love my Vortex and i had people tell me they copied the design from torture racks.

Don't mind the smart azzes either, we all like to do some poking now and then just to have a little fun!

Ive used all differnent types of screens on my gen 1. None worked for me. Way too much helmet buffeting with the tall touring shields. At 6'4 nothing really worked well for touring. Ran a DB for a while and then returned it to a stock screen.

Ive used

ZG DB and ST
Memphis DB
Puig DB
Sportech
MRA Vario

Good luck on your search.

You may want to listen to some of the members on here and check your helmet. I was riding with an HJC for the longest with my DB screen and had little to zero buffeting. I recently purchase an icon airframe and when I'm riding on the highway and turn my head I can feel it pulling. As long as my head is pointed straight no problems. But at high speeds I'm dedfinitley encountring more resistance and head shake ever since I started wearing the airframe

Use the search option an type " vario ". It's a windscreen that has a wing/spoiler. The full name is VARIO MRA. They are expensive though!!!

It works great. I would buy again. Not that expensive -- I think it was around $120. The spoiler is adjustable, it "knotches" as you move it around, just like a face shield on a helmet. It can fold flat if you don't want any additional protection. When fully up, I get very little air on my chest, almost no wind resistance. The helmet will still in the wind stream unless you duck.

34ths.jpg

Ive used all differnent types of screens on my gen 1. None worked for me. Way too much helmet buffeting with the tall touring shields. At 6'4 nothing really worked well for touring. Ran a DB for a while and then returned it to a stock screen.

Ive used

ZG DB and ST
Memphis DB
Puig DB
Sportech
MRA Vario

Good luck on your search.

Still got the MRA? Ill take it off your hands

Back