New Tires For 08 Hayabusa

My friend Ross DeLong who had the track records at both local tracks until this past weekend runs a Qualifier 2 on the front and a Roadsmart on the rear of his street bike and loves the combination. I think you would too!

If i may ask, what is the reason for that combination for front and back??

rear is for longevity
front is for handling/braking

the idea is to mix some of the benefits of better handling tires with that of longer lasting tires.

Anyone run the Dunlop roadsmart sport touring? Any feedback? I'm trying to decide between the new Avons, Metzeler m5 and the Roadsmarts for my next tires.

Ive been running the Dunlop Roadsmart sport touring front and rear. I think they are as good as most but will try Q2 on front an roadsmart on rear next:thumbsup:

Ive been really confused about tire tread life. I wouldnt say that i ride hard, but i am regularly in the triple digits and do most of my riding on the highway. My first bike i didnt get a chance to change the tires, but i have 12k on them and they were still going strong, they were the stock factory tires btw. And on my 08 now, i have close to 7k on the stocks and they arent even close to the indicators. So i wanna know what crazy $hit you guys are doing to only get a couple k out of your rubber

So i wanna know what crazy $hit you guys are doing to only get a couple k out of your rubber

It's more the acceleration that burns the tire off than the actual speed. If your front wheel is comming off the ground regularly you'll probably be going through tires at faster rate. Also tire pressure effects longevity. If you always have the tires ready to hit the corners they're going to ware faster.

Ive been running the Dunlop Roadsmart sport touring front and rear. I think they are as good as most but will try Q2 on front an roadsmart on rear next:thumbsup:

Now you are talking turkey buddy! If you want good street performance plus mileage, that's a great combination! I have that combo in the garage to install soon!

Back