New suspension settings

Again, stiffening the front preload consists of wrenching it DOWN to 4 from the stock setting of 5 rings showing. The manual says 6 is stiffer, but this is obviously WRONG in both the owner's manual and the service manual. If 0 is stiff, and 8 is soft, how in the hell can 6 be stiffer than 5?!?
rock.gif
Has no one ever said anything in the 7 years these manuals have been in print, or am I a moron?
bump.gif

Anyone wish to confirm/deny this in reference to the manual settings?
I'll confirm'em for ya...as "6 lines showing" is definantly NOT stiffer than 5...the correct adjust/effect is in fact opposite of what the shop manual suggests.

hmmm..i believe in my "Jinkster Attacks Suspension" thread i even started out the technical stuff with a disclaimer of...

"ADJUSTING YOUR BUSA'S STOCK SUSPENSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE RIDING."

RULE #1: Forget everything the Service Manual or Owners Manual recomends as those settings and adjustments are extremely generic in nature and only meant as a starting point recomendation for riders of grossly varying and unknown weights...as in...ya might as well consult "The Guesser" at the county fair and in a word?..hooey...now here's how to do it the right way.

The manuals "WRONG".

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
So, anyone in our world work for Suzuki and care to pass this along to the appropriate parties?
Suzuki won't care.

The bike isn't a trackbike. Its a good all around bike. Tourers like the suspension soft so they have a comfy ride. Trackday riders like it stiff so they don't bottom out their suspension. Drag riders like to lower the bike while trackday riders like raise the bike.

The stock suspension on stock settings is a general purpose setting. Good at everything. But not great at any one.

Also riders weights differ. You have 100lbs women buying Busas and 300lbs guys. Suzuki is only gonna put one type a spring in stock.
No, you missed the point- the manual has wrong information in it. Has nothing to do with the spring, the info in the settings chart for the suspension has an error, or typo in it.
Not being anal (okay, maybe) but these manuals have been in print for seven years and no one has pointed this out before?!?

Back