New Project Watch the Video

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
hey guys, I haven't been around ina a while and it will probably take me all winter to catch up. I missed all the get togethers and then missed Caps house a few weeks back and feel dissapointed in myself for it. Haven't been riding my baby due to my current project. I have been helping a friend assemble and complete a Racer Sand Car. 555CI Aluminum Keith Black Big Block Chevrolet in a sand car. Here is a link to the first startup of the progress

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums....121.flv

We have a couple more weeks of work to do but it is coming along pretty good now. I spent a month designing and building the wiring harness and finally got the chance to fire up the motor. A different friend of mine did the headers and exhaust and it came out beautiful IMO. Thanks for listening and I hope to have more time to visit around here more.

Cap sorry I missed the get together and I hope to one day meet alot of you all in person.

Steve

beerchug.gif

nothin sounds better than a big block
thumb_up.gif
very nice

oh I somehow see a full roller setup with killer stud girdles under the valve covers... good move going with the KB block (wish I had made that choice early in my boat racing career) which heads?

Now if you add about 18" of travel you could run Class 1 buggy with S.C.O.R.E.

how were the dyno numbers?
drools.gif

That doesnt look like a buggy, it looks like a big friggin truck! WOW I bet that is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUn

hey guys, I haven't been around ina a while and it will probably take me all winter to catch up. I missed all the get togethers and then missed Caps house a few weeks back and feel dissapointed in myself for it. Haven't been riding my baby due to my current project. I have been helping a friend assemble and complete a Racer Sand Car. 555CI Aluminum Keith Black Big Block Chevrolet in a sand car. Here is a link to the first startup of the progress

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums....121.flv  

We have a couple more weeks of work to do but it is coming along pretty good now. I spent a month designing and building the wiring harness and finally got the chance to fire up the motor. A different friend of mine did the headers and exhaust and it came out beautiful IMO. Thanks for listening and I hope to have more time to visit around here more.

Cap sorry I missed the get together and I hope to one day meet alot of you all in person.

Steve
Maybe still not to late this year.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=82535;hl=

oh I somehow see a full roller setup with killer stud girdles under the valve covers... good move going with the KB block (wish I had made that choice early in my boat racing career) which heads?

Now if you add about 18" of travel you could run Class 1 buggy with S.C.O.R.E.    

how were the dyno numbers?  
drools.gif
how about 26" of front and rear travel with fox 5 bypass and 2.0 coil carriers at each corner. This is one of the best sand cars built out there on the market right now.
No stud girdles, it runs Jesel shaft mounted rokcer arms with a Hyd roller cam with around 650 lift. Can't remember the duration or the lobe separation but it has a nasty thump to it. It also runs pump gas.
Brodix Heads with a full port job, built and assembled by Saum Engineering here in Wichita, Ks. Motor is estimated to put over 700 to the wheels.
tires are a 38" tall paddle, the tires in the video are the street tires. Yep thats right soon to be street legal. it also runs 35 spline 300M gun drilled axles. I could go on and on but that is the jist of it.

Thanks for the comments, I feel a huge sense of pride since I have done alot of the assembly and the design and building of thewiring harness myself. I will keep you guys updated and afte the first test run in the sand I will post pics and video.

Holy smoke man....that sucker sounds SSSOOOOOOO good! I played it three times...just because!

Keep us updated!! I wanna see that puppy rippin!

I remember seeing something like that in the movie "Damnation Alley".... looks awesome!

Looks really sano.. did you weigh it yet?

well heck wheres the video? Curious how it did up the hills and around the bowls... no doubt about the straightline
smile.gif

I bet the floor has a nice bit of sand in it by now
smile.gif

smile.gif

Thats pretty sweet.  How much $$$ does he have in it, if I may ask?
there were video links attached to the last post and if you want to know how much I won't give an exact number but it is over 100K and that is in parts and not counting my or his time.

WE have been testing at Little Sahara Dunes in Waynoka, Ok but these cars are really built for Glamis California.

Back