New Problem 2004, 0r wait for the 2005

dezzy7

Registered
Dang now that my 2001 project bike has been stolen (I'm still trying to get over that). I'm stuck with trying to pick a new ride. I loved the 2001 blue and silver with the falcon's head paint job (schweeeeeeeet!) Still brings a tear to my eye to think that after finally completing her she's gone. But life goes on and I've got to get a new ride once the insurance sompany settles. the problem now is what do I get?
rock.gif
Do I go ahead and jump on a used 2001, Think not -- I almost forgot about that little deal with the Starter clutch. So I guess the real question is do I jump on a new 2004 or wait it out and see what Suzuki does with the 2005 busa
rock.gif

What would you'l do???

rock.gif

i love my 04', and if its mods you want, the 04 would be your best choice. if the 05 has any significant changes then it will take time for custom pars to come out.

I have looked at buying a new Busa evey year since I bought my 01'  
02' Turbo
02' new engine
03' speed mods
04' custom paint
04' custom wheels

My 01' is new every year with engine mods trans mods paint, seat etc. etc.  I have so much in it I most likely will keep adding to te bike.  I do not think that things will be much diffeent in 05'  Get something now and help your pain.  Yiou can alway look again down the road, or ust add.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085663017 -->

Bro if ya can be patient, I'd wait and see what's in store in 05'. I don't know that I could be so patient, but you'd be sick if you bought an 04' and then the 05' comes out redesigned.

Or if you get a really good deal on one with a clean title, you can do a trade-in for an 05' w/o going belly up. Hope all works out man, friggin theives
mad.gif

at this point in the year, i might be inclined to wait... at the very least, if the '05 is just like the '04, you'll be able to get an '04 for much less money.

the 05's will be out shortly.. like less than 3months.. but unfortunatly that would mean sacrificing the rest of the riding season...

thats a helluva problem to anybody that rides i'm sure..

i envy you having to choose which to buy... but definatly not actually having to make the choice... or the circumstances from which the choice came from...

You need to wait until you find out what the 05's are gonna look like and all.. then once you find out and you dont like them go get the 04 and might be able to get a little extra money knocked off of it. You will kick youself in the ass if you really like the 05 over the 04. PATIENCE!!!!!!

I would wait for the '05. I have an '03 and when I saw the new stuff on the '04, I was like,"damn I wish I had that on mine!". It was little changes but, it made a difference to me. Like the passing trigger and the hazard light switch. I could add them to mine but, it is more headache than what it is worth, not to mention more expense.

Buy an '04, ride the rest of the season, if the '05 is anything majorly different, trade the '04. The money difference will be worth being able to continue riding. My $.02

Dang now that my 2001 project bike has been stolen (I'm still trying to get over that). I'm stuck with trying to pick a new ride. I loved the 2001 blue and silver with the falcon's head paint job (schweeeeeeeet!) Still brings a tear to my eye to think that after finally completing her she's gone. But life goes on and I've got to get a new ride once the insurance sompany settles. the problem now is what do I get?
rock.gif
Do I go ahead and jump on a used 2001, Think not -- I almost forgot about that little deal with the Starter clutch. So I guess the real question is do I jump on a new 2004 or wait it out and see what Suzuki does with the 2005 busa
rock.gif

What would you'l do???
dezzy,
what do you mean by ....I almost forgot about that little deal with the Starter clutch....

rock.gif

can you live without a bike for the rest of the summer?

buy a used one, cheap and wait for the 05 to come in and then make your choice

rock.gif
rock.gif

What would you'l do???
dezzy,
what do you mean by ....I almost forgot about that little deal with the Starter clutch....
There is a Suzuki Notice on the 01 and 02 starters dated Dec 12, 2002. The starter gears are subject to break, tear up an engine, or simply just quit. Suzuki fixed mine originally even though it was several months out of warranty, but I doubt if they would repair one this late in the game.

Can I do without a bike the rest of the summer??? Too soon to tell but I spent 30 minutes just sitting in the garage today thinking about my bike... Its gonna be a hard summer without a bike, but Its gonna take about 30 days just to get the insurance claim settled. So I guess I'm stuck without a ride until then. I could just go out and get another now and finance it and then use the insurance money to pay on it.. But I'll give the cops a couple of weeks to come up with it, but too be honest they weren't real hopeful and somehow I got the feeling that little if any effort was gonna be made to look for it. If they happen across it all well and good but nobody pays overtime for looking for stolen bikes

rock.gif

Seems to me that if there were major changes in store for 05 we would have seen some kind of info leak out by now, I'd buy the 04 and ride it!!

With the new ones probably coming out in 6 months, I'd wait and get the '05.....in the meantime, buy a used rocket for a killer deal.........you'll really appreciate the 'busa when it shows and you can recoup your money when you sell the slow POC you been ridin' !!!!!! my .02
smile.gif

As for the 05. To be honest I can't imagine Suzuki doing any major changes the bike has a cult following that would be lost on major changes... And the performance wars are over for the big GT Sportbikes. That Grand Touring for those that didn't know the ZX-12, Blackbird, and Busa have been classed as such

As for the 05. To be honest I can't imagine Suzuki doing any major changes the bike has a cult following that would be lost on major changes... And the performance wars are over for the big GT Sportbikes. That Grand Touring for those that didn't know the ZX-12, Blackbird, and Busa have been classed as such
I think Suzuki should do a little engine revamping at least. The 1000cc bikes are catching up real quick. If Suzuki made let's say a 1400 or 1500cc Hayabusa....I'd get one. Don't get me wrong, I love my 03 - it's just that with all the 1000cc bike getting so faster and faster....I think Suzuki should be doing the same.
biggrin.gif

Back