New Pony in the Stable

I'm not sure about NH but up here in the NW you can't just go sign up and race with no prior experience. I think you may be getting your cart before your horse. First step is to get in touch with the local race group and see exactly what you must do to get your race license. Once you jump through all the hoops you'll be issued a novice license. Then you will be allowed to race with fellow novice racers. During your learning curve you will be monitored as your skills develop to a point that you can hang with the slower racers. Your safety along with fellow racers is the most important issue.

Please post up when you have all the details of your new adventure!

My estimation is you will be a minimum of two years before you are race ready depending on how many track days you do. I have seen guys ramain in the novice group for three years. Some have shown up and received their race license within a couple months but that is maybe one out of a thousand riders. I have a feeling you will advance quicker than the average guy.

Good Luck and have fun! :beerchug:

Here is work in NH - LIVE FREE OR DIE!

Penguin Race School on Friday which at the end of you can get your race license

Saturday - Run your Rookie Race - 3 laps with others on there first race

Sunday - RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE

God I love America.

Good Luck to you AKA and keep us posted as to how you're doing with it. Follow your dream while you are young and can. Just be carefull. I saw a guy at Jennings have to be airlifted out due to a broken femur. Not tryin to scare you but take your time and don't try to be a pro right of the bat.

Back