new paint

itstnee

Registered
some pic of my Busa and Hauler

DSC00065.JPG

I need some help with some decals or something to make it stand out,
Anybody know how hard it is to take off the swingarm, I want a chrome one with wheels but dealer want $250 to install

DSC00063.JPG

Not too hard. Remove Shock, Break Chain, Remove "dog bones" Remove rear tire, and finally the pivot axle on the frame.

YOU WILL NEED SPECIAL TOOLS

I've only done my gixxers swingarm, can't be that diff, but you need a specialty socket for the pivot axle($150 from suzuki), the chain breaker/presser ($80) You can buy the tools online cheaper, but it will still cost a bit.

Basically you are paying the dealer for "owning the tools" more than actual labor. I can get a swingarm replaced in "about" an hour and probably less if i was on my a game.

Might as well go ahead with the red thing you started on the calipers, might not look too bad.

YOU WILL NEED SPECIAL TOOLS

I've only done my gixxers swingarm, can't be that diff, but you need a specialty socket for the pivot axle($150 from suzuki), the chain breaker/presser ($80)  You can buy the tools online cheaper, but it will still cost a bit.  
you can use a hammer and punch if yer careful...or buy a 2 dollar socket and cut some slots in it.

The chain...just use yer die grinder or Dremel or similar,then a hammer, punch,and block of steel for re-install

Back