New owner maybe

celticBandit

Registered
Hi,

I'm looking at a '02 Busa at the moment and was wondering if there were any weak points that I should check before committing.

What years should have been recalled for the camchain modification and how serious is it?

Also, (for UK&Ireland users) how can I check to see if it is imported i.e. French restricted. Is there a way by telling by the VIN No. The display seems to be in km. Can you change the display to read miles/km if you want.

Thanks

the lads will be along shortly to answer all yer needs. There are a few of yer country men on this site who are bloody good lads.

All yer info is here.

I just wanted to welcome you to the site.

RSD.

Welcome to the Site  
director.gif

egitarre77.gif

face7.gif

idea.gif

super.gif

The only weak point might be your right wrist and nerve  
wink.gif
 . I know that's my weakest point on the Busa  
laugh.gif

02 bikes can have a starter issue ..the gear can go taking out the casing!both are NOT good.if you keep a good charged battery and hold starter button until bike starts (dont just tap it a second) you should be fine .its not a recall.otherwise great bike have at it.i had a 02 put 18k on it never a problem.as many others.but there have been a handfull with the problem.

well,well,well.. celticBandit........ howya.. nice to see some more of the lad,s workin this site...
smile.gif

you,l luv this place (THE ORG) lots of good lads work this board.. can help you with all most anything.... and some real good laugh along the way...

there a few on here from ireland..... me im in dublin.... in around the airport...

were are you?? anyway if you e,mail me at..... DNDBIKES@HOTMAIL.COM i can tell you all you need to know...... no problem....

hope to chat to/ya soon.

slan for now..................

dazz..........

The biggest problem is they love mods.. Better get a special bike acct started.

They're all restricted, not just the french models. I assume you're talking about the 186 mph limiter.

Speedo dial can be changed, not sure on the odometer.

Easy.There are people buying a new busa for the 3rd or 4th time now.That alone should tell you how happy they were with their purchase.On the down side you might not like the frequent rear tire replacements.Might be expensive

Thanks for the replies lads.
To answer some questions: I'm located in Cork, Ireland. Currently on a Bandit 12 but would love a Hayabusa.

I do worry about the tensioner issue though. Is it only '99 and '00 that were affected?

By French restricted, I mean that I thought all French bikes were restricted to 100bhp
rock.gif

Thanks again for the help

Tony

I think schroetf said it right.

The rider.

It will challenge your skills and occassionally make your heart skip a beat. I got one because it has very few issues.

Ride within your skills and abiliity or it will suck you in and spit you out. This bike is head and shoulder above everything else out there.

Jer

I think schroetf said it right.

The rider.

It will challenge your skills and occassionally make your heart skip a beat.  I got one because it has very few issues.

Ride within your skills and abiliity or it will suck you in and spit you out.  This bike is head and shoulder above everything else out there.

Jer
Bro.
You took the words right from under my fingers.

Back