New owner from Tacoma, WA

Monkey Busa

Registered
Hey dudes and dudettes :) just got my 04 busa, hence the my name, the year of the monkey XD

23, male, had my safety course n license for two years but riding rockets isn't part of my resume,

Quick q about the bike tho, after being warmed up, the bike changes idle when turning the bars all the way to either side, could it just be a binding idle cable?

hayabusa 1.jpg

hayabusa 3.jpg

...Quick q about the bike tho, after being warmed up, the bike changes idle when turning the bars all the way to either side, could it just be a binding idle cable?

Yes, check to see that the cable is not binding up on something...also there is an adjustment on the end near the grip...if someone tightened it up too much, it can do that.
Posted via Mobile Device

gen 1's also require periodic idle adjustment. If the engine dies on decel while pulling in the clutch, check your idle rpm. Turn the idle adjustment up a little. Check specs for proper setting. Locate on the right side. I do not have a pic but someone will chime in and possibly have a picture.

Noticed risers on the bike but already suspected as much, go to their website. They will tell you to remove or bend the cable clamp near the triple tree. Probably not that big of an issue. Be careful because when you lock the bar left you probably engage the front brake which could cause you to drop that beautiful baby.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

:welcome:

If you need someone to ride with just shoot me a pm. I live just down the street from you in Lacey.

:welcome: to the .oRg!

Yep, that they said ^^. You want them tight so you don't have a lot of throttle slop, but you don't want it so tight that it comes off idle when you turn the bars. Simple adjustment.

:welcome: to the Org! I live above you in the Everett area. What other bikes have you owned / ridden?

Back