New on the Site

Busa X1

Registered
Have a Gen II/2012 Busa on stands being upgraded to get back on the road in 2016. Next to it is a long term project Gen I/1999 Busa frame being extensively modified into an "approximate replica" of the Yoshimura Busa (two versions). In 2000 Yosh only produced 100 Busa X-1 street bikes of which only two or three ever left Japan. The Yosh factory race only Busa X-1R, unknown quantity, was run in Suzuka Endurance and Formula-X races for a limited time. Profile pic is of Yosh X-1 aluminum tank that has gone on/off the frame numerous times. If anyone has heard of the X-1/X-1R bikes and is willing to respond and/or take a look at my WTB post, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin

Good to see you posting up, sorry about the problems getting your account created...

Pan,
Thanks for posting, always good to see a Busa on the track:
- did you need to change/adapt riding to the mag wheels?
- final weight?

The wheels are Carbon. Yes, it took about 2 laps to adapt to them... and absolutely love them now!
Last time it was weighed it was 194.5kgs, about 3 years ago. Lost some more weight since. Probably below 190kgs now...

Didn't cost me so much because I waited and waited...
Bought stuff on special, bought stuff off drag racers that had bought wrong parts, etc...
Not cheap, but not too costly!

Nice day to cast a line, eh Red?

download (1).png

Back