New member from IL

Verelsian

Registered
Just dropping in to say hello. New member from Chicago expanding my stable to a 2012 Hayabusa. Looking forward to meeting some locals and picking up a few tips for long distance riding on this thing. I've begun to take in the mountain of information from the Pashnit site but I think there is so much that I have to do it in chunks.

Currently looking at seats as a possible first even though the stock ones are not bad at all compared to what I'm used to.

Welcome to the insanity known as Hayabusa owner

Yeah, I think the insanity part is right. I was just surprised by how she behaves and the ride. Here's a pic:

8xkbrt.jpg

Thinking about removing the "stickers" to give it a cleaner look.

Thanks for the warm welcomes I think my pic response is await mod approval so it's sitting there for viewing pleasure.

Located in Chicago proper though.

Welcome to the org. Seats, exhaust, cruise, and a new windscreen were my first mods before I had 200 miles on my 09. Busa's are great touring machines. Pics shown with seats, droid mount, cruise, bags, and you might look at power options for GPS/Phone/music from 3BR. Pashnit sells them as well.

2012-04-15_18-08-25_67.jpg

2012-04-16_09-47-29_307.jpg

Welcome to the org. Seats, exhaust, cruise, and a new windscreen were my first mods before I had 200 miles on my 09. Busa's are great touring machines. Pics shown with seats, droid mount, cruise, bags, and you might look at power options for GPS/Phone/music from 3BR. Pashnit sells them as well.

Thanks! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I've read so much about seats but I'm looking to see if I can find a few at a meet or two and let me get a feel on them for a second.

I'm eyeballing that Midwest Meet and Greet. Hopefully I'm not too too new for it.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

What are you calling long distance ? The bike handles long hauls pretty good from the factory. Added comfort for 1000 mile days can be found for sure.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

What are you calling long distance ? The bike handles long hauls pretty good from the factory. Added comfort for 1000 mile days can be found for sure.

Now we're talking my language! I definitely want to take this baby across multiple state lines, maybe do a good southwest of the US route.

Thanks! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I've read so much about seats but I'm looking to see if I can find a few at a meet or two and let me get a feel on them for a second.

I'm eyeballing that Midwest Meet and Greet. Hopefully I'm not too too new for it.

Your never too new to make a meet/greet. I have loaned out my seats many times for folks to try them out. I borrowed a rear from a buddy a while ago and that is why I purchased these from another member. My wife and I most recently made 2200 miles in 6 days going to and from the spring bash.

Try to make the Meet and Greet, you can check out my new seat from zero gravity and theres others members that have corbin seats

Back