new lid

micahbs

Registered
wanting to buy a new lid but $$$ is a little tight right now, as i am about to get married and my fiance and i are paying for our wedding. so with that in mind i have a few lids that i will be able to afford and would like any advice on them if you have any. one is a AGV K3, a Bell Vortex ( maybe a RS-1 if i can talk her into it), thought about a Scorpion but i don't know much about them the EXO 500-700-750 are all in my range. i really wanted a Shoei but that will have to wait. right now i leaning towards the AGV K3 and the bell vortex.

I just an IIcon CF for 400.00 but it's not what I expected. I had a Shoei and loved it but it had got old and I was getting a lot of wind noise in it. Best of luck

I got a Scorpion 750 and love it. Got it $199. Shields are reasonable and it has the pump system to adjust to fit.

compacc.com is your friend right now. Lots of shoei's at $260 or under depending on size of your dome. there are some scorpions $120 to $250 there too

get one of those red white and blue half helmets they used to wear on choppers back in the 70's.
that wud be cool...

I saw a Arai profile for 299 on compacc.com. I have owned Arai and shoei and I like Arai better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i have a friend that was a jet fighter pilot and he may have taken his helmet when he got out... was going to where that but thought better of it...

i where a medium and that makes it a little harder in that most of the deals and closeouts are on xl/2xl/ small helmets.

Since my newest helmet is well over 6 years/150,000 miles old, I found myself in the market for a new lid recently. However, in these fiscally austere times for me, I really could not afford a replacement Shoei.

Fortunately, NewEnough.com (now MotorcycleGear.com) had this awesome HJC FS-15 Trophy Ben Spies replica on sale for $129, delivered!

fs-15side.jpg

Awesome Western-theme graphics... HJC has some of the best helmet aesthetics you'll find anywhere:

fs-15top.jpg

I was rather amazed (and pleased!) to discover that this helmet is stunningly quiet, about as quiet as the dead-silent Shoei RF-800's were, back in the day. With all the vent spoilers, I was thinking this helmet was going to be a bit noisy, but happily, it is not! It flows tons of air, comes Pin-Lock ready, and it's a pretty dag-gone light helmet.

Took it out for it's maiden flight last weekend during my 2400-mile Nevada run.... was *really* happy to have the airflow by the time I reached the furnace of Las Vagas.....

RenoValet.jpg

I have a few Scorpion EXO-700's and 2 Shoei's. I love my Scorpions. For the money they are a great helmet.

i think that is what i am going to get as well....the scorpions look good and i am kinda liking the pump idea.

i have a perfect condition black shoei rf-1000 that i was just getting ready to sell on ebay this weekend. Was gonna ask $200 for it and would include the smoke visor as well as the clear. Let me know if u might be interested and i will post some pics on here

i have a perfect condition black shoei rf-1000 that i was just getting ready to sell on ebay this weekend. Was gonna ask $200 for it and would include the smoke visor as well as the clear. Let me know if u might be interested and i will post some pics on here

this is a no-brainer deal, micah. GIT R DONE.

It's a medium. If that's the size u need let me know and i will post up pics

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back