new lid

Regarding my Shoei RF-1000. It came from ebay. seller id= suzukiofsarasota972n

Currently it is not listed, however I expect him to relist the remaining sometime soon. They are either the red-gsxr, OR the blk-gsxr model only. Per our phone conversation, he had several left as of 01/12.

Yes the rf1000 is a discontinued model, but it is still widely used great well made helmet. thx.

You guys got some smokin deals. I've been struggling over buying a leftover HJC FS-15 and now you show me this! :thumbsup:

ok, got a commute in w/ the lid

1st off, i knew that the MAIN reason i was buying this lid was the paint job. and for as little as i ride nowadays, 1x a week to and from work 13mi it would suffice

the weight of this helmet is awesome, man it's like not wearing a lid it so light

perepherial vision on par w/ the arai

air flow is good at the top and the roller vents do work, though 1-7 detents is not needed, open/closed would suffice

the main bad w/ this helmet FOR ME has been the fogging prob. and it doesn't defog that quickly either. i haven't tried the 'pinlock' screen that came w/ the lid, i'll prolly order some

de-fog it wipes

Amazon.com: Clarity Defog It Anti-fog Concentrate and Cleaner .5 Oz.: Home Improvement

fit is good on my bulbous mellon, no hot spots, thought the liner is not as nice as an arai/shoei

undecided about the center lock on the lens, it does pose a big object in your line of site when the lid is 1/2 way down, but it's nice to be able to open close w/ either hand

don't like the edge of the lens as its curved and skews the optics

after looking at it in the sunlight, the straps are cheap, and the interior is not as nice as a $500 lid should be

IMO this should not be a $500 helmet, nor $400, maybe $300 retail. a i-net selling price of $250-300.

do i regret buying this lid............hmmm............i luv the paint job.

do i regret buying this lid............hmmm............i luv the paint job.
HJC's have a cheap reputation where I live.
I'd vote on something you'll like for more than a paintjob man.
I have a Shoei, high quality IMO.
Fogging problem? Check out Scorpion helmets, mine never fogged up.
They're just on the heavy side.

I love the paint job, but I feel the same about the HJC helmets as having a cheap rep, but still like the look.

Hope you like it! :thumbsup:

I just haven't had any luck with HJC! I'll stick with my Shoei, Suomy, etc.. :beerchug:

Back