New iPhone Droid control gloves - Bluetooth

Interesting I am curious how much that glove going to cost.. Granted the module is transferable, great but I find myself buying new gloves every couple of years :laugh:

Are the finger buttons transferable :whistle: :laugh:

As the module is transferable you only need electronics once (unless you do something bad to them) - and they're usable on other types of gloves, assuming you enjoy other activities besides riding.

Nope the buttons aren't transferable.

The gloves are modeled from the quality of the Alpine Stars GPX glove. Good stuff.
Yes - $200 at the time of the campaign is for both glove and module.

Actually, there is still research being done around the actual price of the gloves - much is involved in their development and manufacturing. I'm curious what any rider might pay for this (realistically).

After manufacturing, bike shops typically want about %40 markup, so that's factored in. Of course cheaper gloves can be made, but I have fallen in love with Alpine Stars gloves and could swear by them.

Anyway, I'm curious - market price seems fair at???

I didn't notice the 720.00 price tag on those gloves

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy out of my league good luck though with the product :thumbsup:

I am in the 80 -90 a pair bracket :down: I know there a ton of people in the 150-300 crowd.. this could be a good poll question for you to figure what price range our riders are in, I do know most everybody hear wears gloves religiously

edit Site says 720??? or is it 200???

heh heh. Not $720. Definitely $200.

These aren't touch gloves - they're bluetooth. Your phone stays in your pocket.

Curious where you get the $200 mark from?

This is on your site:
Motorcycle glove - $179
Electronic Bluetooth Module - $139

I also wonder, I live in South Florida and encounter, run away from or ride thru rain almost every time out. Are these waterproof? How well will the Bluetooth unit stand up to riding thru heavy rain? Sometimes also it's 90 plus here with same percent humidity. A couple hours and my hands as well as gloves are soaked from the inside out with sweat. How well will all the components handle this?

It is a great idea and I wish you well. In fact I see you will do well.
You present yourself in a professional manner and seem motivated.
The video is also well done. Good luck.

Blanca, the $200 is from the pre order page on the website. You can get the glove and module for $200 as a package.

Hi Blanca - I assume you have a white busa :-)... so do I. '06 limited.

Thank you for the compliments - I'm glad that is the image I portray.

To answer the questions:
1) the $200 mark is just for my indiegogo campaign. It's there to hopefully act as an incentive to get people to contribute before I get to market. It's an attempt to spread the word, and generate the financing to manufacture the quantities necessary to launch (without going deeper into my pocket). Due to manufacturing cost, and the amount that bike shops will demand to carry the product, I've come up with the 'retail' numbers you see.

2) The waterproofing - for sweat, the gloves have ventilation on the back surrounding the module, and in between each finger (the webbing area) to allow air flow for cooling of the hands. As for the rain, under development is a simple, clear plastic covering which will fit over the hand much like a ziplock bag with fingers cut out. The edges will be banded and keep water off of the module in the rain... alternatively, you could just take the module off and put it in a bag in your pocket during the downpour.

A few buddies of mine and I took all of our bikes to Miami Beach for spring break in '06 and I know what you mean about the rain - it's there then it's gone.

Any other questions, definitely ask. I am trying super hard to spread the word and hopefully make people want this :thumbsup:

Looks like a great product; I hope it's a great success!! I can already control my music on my iPhone while riding using programs in Cydia.

Thanks for the compliment :cheerleader:

For Cydia, the iPhone has to be jailbroken, right? The other question is "what mechanism do you use to control cydia while riding?" Do you have a control pad of sorts? And do you have the earbuds plugged in?

Thanks

Correct; the iPhone has to be jailbroken. The programs I use are only found in Cydia and you just download them to the phone; they are not really apps they are programs. One allows me to change music tracks using the side volume buttons in sleep mode, the other allows me to control music in many different music apps such as Pandora and Rhapsody!

Cydia does not have to be open for the programs to work it is just the source to get them. I use a bluetooth helmet device when I ride so it's wireless connection!

Oh wow - that's a slick solution. So I assume you have the phone mounted and accessible to you while you're riding. Really cool. Thanks.

Back