New Harley "Nightster"

I've still got a Harley for sale. I wouldn't buy another Harley anyway, but I don't like that one.

keeeerist almighty...hd has the nads to call this thing a "Hot Rod'?
rock.gif
....."high performance cams"?
rock.gif
.... kinda like souping up a chrysley K car.....or an AMC Pacer.
laugh.gif

be still my heart.
laugh.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

If I was ever to buy a Harley (I'd probably have to win the lottery first) it would be a V-Rod--one of the ones with the "sport" sides to it (I can't remember the name--Night Rod or something). Oh well, guess I can't buy it--can't remember the name!! LOL
AAAssjani.gif

Well, I guess I'm the nut. I think it looks OK. However, you can't go far with that peanut tank (about 3 gallons) and the lowered suspension will beat you to death on the highway - no travel to speak of.

So, No, I wouldn't buy one...but it's not fugly, either. That's ZX-13.5 territory.

SHOCKED.gif

Who CARES what it looks like? (the 'Busa was WIDELY panned as ugly early on) - the question is "what can it do?" and the answer is "not much"

Buth there ain't nothin' wrong with it that a few thousand engineering man-hours couldn't fix:

"design refined from the racetrack" - LOL - What track? Where? What bike and rider? A Buell?

"The Nightster is offered only in North American markets" - Read this as "Europeans aren't stupid enough to pay Harley prices for tired design and putrid execution"

"* Rubber-mounted 1200cc XL Evolution engine
* Medium Gray powder-coated engine with polished and black treatments (This is a 'performance' feature?
rock.gif
)
* Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
* High-compression, high-flow cylinder heads
* High-performance cams"

OK Harley - how much dry weight, how much torque, how much horsepower? I doubt THOSE numbers ever get into a Harley ad.

Try something NEW - hire about 10 Mechanical Engineers and then LISTEN to them, not just the children with the marketing degrees

Dude, do I need to go to Harley and set them straight? Lose the stupid forks with the rubber booties (alla 1970) , get a set of upside down titanium coated forks and that bike would look all right.
guns.gif

it feels like back in late 70's...(look at the dust boots and the rear shock...) and also the name tells everything..."Nightstered..."you can hang out only at night...
just another broken arse project..."They come out at nite, they mostly come out at nite..." from movie Aliens"
lurk.gif

I don't know... I kind of like it... it's big and chunky. But for some reason I still scowl at the picture.

Not many HDs I like anyway.

Back