New from Madrid (Spain)

harleyman

Registered
Hi, my name is Carlos and I´m from Spain (born in Asturias but living in Madrid)

I´m looking for a Hayasbusa to be added to muy small collection as I live everything that Burns Petrol (even ZIPPOS) je je

I know that the 1999 is not the one to go for but as I would like it for short rides (I don´t drive hard, as an example my BMW R 1250 GS Adventure has 16.000Km on the rear tyre and it still goes) and I would like to keep que Busa original as a colector

Do you think that in the future as a Colector de 1999 could be the one to go for?

Thank you in advance for any coments

Welcome Carlos....the question you are asking is a tough one....which Hayabusa will one day be a collector bike? If you found a 0 km original '99 it might be considered a collector bike....if you put it away and never rode it...

The sad thing is there are many low km '99 bikes around

Suzuki made a few limited edition Hayabusas but they were plentiful so are they considered a collector bike?

Once EV takes over the auto industry, you'd have a hard time giving a gasoline powered anything away, I can see their value dropping like a stone...

If you wanted a copper '99 to put in your mancave to admire, that'd be the one I'd be looking for.

Good point Bumblebee

I was wondering if is there any sorce to know how many bikes/color combination were sold per production year?

I own a BMW K1 and I could found these numbers but not for the Busa

I thing that the gold colour is not too popular to find one here in Spain je je

Good point Bumblebee

I was wondering if is there any sorce to know how many bikes/color combination were sold per production year?

I own a BMW K1 and I could found these numbers but not for the Busa

I thing that the gold colour is not too popular to find one here in Spain je je
Hayabusa bikes were sold by the millions world wide...hard to say if they make it as a collector bike and actually climb in value (if that's your intent).

IMO either 99 would be more collectible than any other as long as it’s in stock trim. Even the last Gen 1 LE, like mine.:D
48411E28-E71B-4A20-8B6C-49F086FBFD28.jpg
11515675-6BAF-4B64-9121-75D438CE1026.jpg
09733382-2157-4F4C-A269-BF1C4D4D14FE.jpg

Not really I´m looking a collector bike, but maybe thinking on an ionic bike

If got a:
1989 GSXR1100
1991 ZXR750RR (K1 version)
1994 BMW K1 Black Edition
2005 HD FLSTFSE (FatBoy Screaming Eagle)

And I think they are bikes you don´t see many arround, probably Busa will not be on that leage, and It will not be worth it look for a low millage bike and go away for the 99-00 and go for a newer model

I have spoted two bikes both one owner bikes

One is a 2000 model with 15000kms service but original (no fuellpump or Crank Chain Change)
the other is a 1999 with 62000kms (with brand new fuell pump and Crank Chain change 2000kms ago)

price different the 62000km is 1000€ cheaper (1000$ moro or less)

Not really I´m looking a collector bike, but maybe thinking on an ionic bike

If got a:
1989 GSXR1100
1991 ZXR750RR (K1 version)
1994 BMW K1 Black Edition
2005 HD FLSTFSE (FatBoy Screaming Eagle)

And I think they are bikes you don´t see many arround, probably Busa will not be on that leage, and It will not be worth it look for a low millage bike and go away for the 99-00 and go for a newer model

I have spoted two bikes both one owner bikes

One is a 2000 model with 15000kms service but original (no fuellpump or Crank Chain Change)
the other is a 1999 with 62000kms (with brand new fuell pump and Crank Chain change 2000kms ago)

price different the 62000km is 1000€ cheaper (1000$ moro or less)
You could bite the bullet and get a gen 3....they have the best of both generations and will be more rare in the long run...

If you're looking for a good investment, there are a lot safer ones than buying a Hayabusa. If you just like busas, get any year you like, ride the bike and enjoy it. If you never ride it and it doesn't go up in value, you wasted money and the use of the bike. I don't think there are many people looking to spend more on an old Hayabusa even if it has 0 miles. Serious collectors must be harder to find than a needle in a haystack. The average person would just buy a Gen3 rather than pay more for an old busa..

Many thanks Guys for the info,

Going for a Gen3 is not on my mind as I+m old fashion and It´s not the type of bike I will use. For new bike I´ve got the BMW R125oGS Adventure that it is a complete bike for me

What I´ve got now clear is that I will go for the Busa I would like and used and probably will go for a not very low millage as most of the problems would be sorted by now and in case something happens I will solved it

Back