New Busa Owner,,Just saying Hi

well i just wanted to introduce myself to everyone,,my name is Jon ,,25 years old,wife,,1 son 3 years old,,1 girl 7 months old,,,im from Oklahoma city ,Ok,, hang around on www.speed-tribe.com mostly,,im am a fairly new rider i started riding november 2004,,bought an 2000 yami R6 ran it 800 miles before the trans curse got me (2nd gear) sold it,,didn't really like it anyways,,then bought a 2000 GSXR600 rode it for about 500 miles really didn't feel at home on it so i started thinking well i have been going by the suzuki shop allmost 3-4 times a week drooling on the busa's,,thinking what a beautiful machine,,but didn't know if i could handle it,,so i started doing alot of reading on them,,on this site,,and others and talking to local people that owned busa's,,several of them had offered me to take a ride on theres,,they had said that i seem level headed enough to handle it,,since i ride my 600's really sensibly,,well i didn't take them up on there offer right away,,i didn't feel confident enough just yet,,theres a time and a place for every thing to happen,,well a couple of weeks ago i did take that ride and came back took my helmet off grining from ear to ear and said the GSXR600 is gone For sale as of now,,the busa is for me,,really not because of all the power ,but because of how the busa can be so docile cruising around town, but also it can be surprisingly violent when it wants to and hell i didn't even get his past half throttle and thought that,,,i put the gixxer up for sale and started looking on what color to buy,of course an 2005,,with in two days of puting the 600 up for sale i drove up on the busa and sold the 600 in the same day 4-28-05,,i was nearvous as hell when i through my leg over my new horse and hit the start button,,it just sounded mean,,everybody at the suzuki shop was staring at me leaving they were sure i was going to dump it,,but i didn't,,i guess they thought that because i sat there for about 15 min leting it idle while i calmed myself down from being so nearvous,,i have never been that nearvous in my life i don't know why ,but i was,,i just pulled out real slowly because this bike seemed to have alot more throttle response then the one i drove ,,the new 05 is one touchy b--ch if you know what i mean,,definetly need to have some good throttle control on this baby
i have now put over 500 miles on her and loving every bit of it ,,i can't think of any other bike that i would want to own,,i have rode my neihbors 02 F4I and his 03 kawi ZX6RR on and off and those bikes just suck for comfort and power,,i have got used to the busa's power and comfort,,now can't stand to ride a 600cc bike there too slugish off idle,,the busa i can just idle off,,the damn 600's i have to blip the throttle to take off,,i havn't rode the busa real hard yet,,i have been to redline twice ,but that was a gental roll on,,it still started spinning in first and pulled up a little,redlined,,hit second gear strait and flat,,redlined,,hit third gear OMG Is all i have to say,,boom 150mph didn't even feel like it ,,let off slowed down drove the rest of the way home with a big smile,,thinking what a perfect bike why would anyone buy anything else besides a HAYABUSA
i did notice after buying the busa everyone started thinking i had lost all my marbles and that i was crazy for buying such a big bike,,i don't know why,,i think the busa i so much easier and safer bike to drive then any 600cc or 1000cc bike i have ever been on,,not saying im a pro by any means,,but just my opinion,,,,,,,,,i don't know ,but i guess i could say this is pretty much a first bike for me ,,because i did not ride my other two enough to even count,,this is for all the riders thinking about the busa for a first bike reading this thinking well he pretty much is a new rider and is handling it why couldn't i ,,trust me if you don't have good self control on this machine it will hurt you start with a 600 first,,,is all i have to say,,just because im handling this bike good for a fairly new rider doesnt mean you can,,i have two kids and a wife trust me i don't want to get hurt and you have family too just think about that while your thinking of how fast the busa is and how great it would be for a first bike,, no kicking me neither for the guys that did get the busa for a first bike just thought i would put that in as a safety warning because i have a few friends that want to start riding bikes and want to get a busa for their first bike and i told them the same thing

anyways just wanted to say hi and start a conversation and meet some more busa owners,,,give me some feed back

oh and i have also bought
Heli bars,,,allready installed
silvania silver star headlight bulbs ,,installed
cortech tank bag
two brothers carbon bolton's ,,not installed yet,,not sure yet
two helmets 1 for me,and 1 for the wife

pic

Picture_349__Small_.jpg

welcome and congrats,great intro,you sound wise beyond your years,be carefull and enjoy

i have been riding big bores for 25 years and there are times when my busa or 12 still shocks me,dont let yourself think you have mastered the bike thats when you get into trouble,
your bike looks great have fun

...congrats and welcome to the board
beerchug.gif

I know the nervousness!! I was scared the very first 10 miles on the busa... I had not ridden a bike for almost 8 years when I got Elenor... but, after about 10 miles... the bike made me feel comfortable!! Its a remarkable machine... A machine with a soul!!

smile.gif

Now you will take a ride on the wild side....  
super.gif
 Welcome on board man, be cool on the beast, I have learned with many years that this is one bike I cannot tame, but only ride her. Be safe  
cool.gif

Congrats and welcome to the board. Be safe and don't let her bite you. I'm not sure if you ever really get use to the power.

Hehe... look at the tiny front caliper on the R6
tounge.gif

Anyways, congrats on the Busa - One of the few bikes that the more you ride, the more you like
cool.gif

Oh, and please don't get overconfident with the busa. It might seem real docile to you, and even when hitting it in a straight line, but be careful cause that confidence is what comes back to bite most people in the butt! I myself haven't had any accidents (knock on wood), but I've had my share of close calls... be careful with those crosswinds! A few times alrady I've been with half a tire hanging over the edge of the road skimming over the grass!
Welcome to the madness, have fun, stay safe!
Keep the shiny side up!
cool.gif

cool.gif

wow, great intro. welcome to the board!!!!
sounds like some dollars lost (with past bikes) but at least your on the bike you love.
I ALWAYS have shakey hands whenever I start out on my bike, not so much scared just I know it is going to be one hell'va focused ride. I too am not very good and respect the power and ability of this machine as others should. It is a great choice and I am truely happy for you. Have fun and ride safe.

Congrats and welcome to the board! One of the longest intros I have seen, but a good message in it. Enjoy the ridin'!

Back