New Busa Owner From Tennesse

KDMac

Registered
Whats up to all the Busa owners on the forum. I have just acquired (not purchased) my first bike and 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa with only 1500 miles. Its a 2007 Black in color with a power commander unit and D&D mufflers i understand a Busa might not be the perfect bike for a beginner but im also 350lbs. and 6,4 so the Honda 600 doesnt mix well. Ive driven it all weekend long but i still walk off the clutch any suggestion on a very comfortable rpm speed to ease off from a redlight ??????????????????????? Thanx for any help

:welcome::welcome: i never really pay attention to my rpms when i take off, but i been riding for so long i just kinda go buy sound and feel, but im sure somebody will chime in that can ride at the moment cuz the weather is nice at there house and tell you

:welcome:.
sweet ride!
don't worry too much- you'll find your own sweet spot sooner or later- just be safe and enjoy yourself!

Welcome to the oRg. The busa has enough torque to pull it off the line if you ease the clutch out. Keep playing with it and slipping the clutch. Ease out on the clutch and when you feel the bike start to move, gently roll on the throttle. You will find what is comfortable for you after a short while.

Welcome to the family! What part of Tn you in? we have a bunch of board members in that state. Surely one of them is close to ya.

What part of Tn? I am in Sumner County and ride to Nashville about everyday during the summer. My bike is a 2007 Black busa too, but I am pushing 49,000 miles. If your close we need to meet up and ride.

As far as your taking off you just have to learn the sweet spot. It has the torque to pull at pretty much any RPM and it has the balance to where you can actually lift your feet before you take off by just a couple seconds. 350 lbs really doesn't make a big difference for the bike, me and the g/f and our luggage going to Florida was probably around 400 and I could barly tell I had anything on the bike. Make sure you adjust your suspension though its only set to handle around 185.

IMGP2638.jpg

:welcome: to the oRg. Like James said this bike won't even notice you're sitting on her with all the available torque. You've only got about 70 pounds on me and when I ride two up I've got you by about that much. You'll figure it out.

:welcome: to the .oRg

The Busa is definitely the sportbike for bigger guys. Where are you in TN?

Thanx everyone i appreciate the welcomes and friendly advice I live in Memphis, TN. and i plan on doing some serious RIDING so far the fastest i have ran is 180 mph after an 1 hour of riding so im addicted to the ride not the speed

Little flat in west TN, but theres some good riding in AR (Search Eureka Springs); better lock/put that bike up, when I lived there (late 80's), that was the car theft capital of the South....I still have business there (Getwell)

Back