New Busa fell over today...

Ferittoo

Registered
I was in Starbucks drinking coffee with friends. My busa was parked near the entrance. It was a hill and the bike was parallel parked front facing downhill. Then when we were leaving I wanted to ask friend something but because of the exhaust noises he couldn't hear me, then I killed the switch and left the bike in neutral while kickstand was holding the bike in place, I tried to get off and at that moment bike rolled forward and kickstand closed and bike fell to my side while I was on my left foot the other foot was on air. Thankfully nothing happened to me but my brain couldn't keep up with the situation. I felt terrible and I still do. It is brand new black busa only 2000km on it. I'm adding some photos and I'm very saddened by the damage caused.
Open for recommemdations!
20230402_004029.jpg

20230402_004748.jpg

20230402_004435.jpg

20230402_004154.jpg

20230402_004748.jpg

20230402_004522.jpg

I was in Starbucks drinking coffee with friends. My busa was parked near the entrance. It was a hill and the bike was parallel parked front facing downhill. Then when we were leaving I wanted to ask friend something but because of the exhaust noises he couldn't hear me, then I killed the switch and left the bike in neutral while kickstand was holding the bike in place, I tried to get off and at that moment bike rolled forward and kickstand closed and bike fell to my side while I was on my left foot the other foot was on air. Thankfully nothing happened to me but my brain couldn't keep up with the situation. I felt terrible and I still do. It is brand new black busa only 2000km on it. I'm adding some photos and I'm very saddened by the damage caused.
Open for recommemdations!
View attachment 1664857

View attachment 1664854

View attachment 1664855

View attachment 1664856

View attachment 1664858

View attachment 1664859
Sorry to hear about your new baby. Given you said it was facing downhill and in neutral, I’m not sure if the kickstand mod would’ve made a difference, by here is the thread about it:

As for the scratches I would just touch up the black as best I could

My Gen 2 has so many scars ...
Might I also add a reminder for riders to always check their fly is zipped up before riding.
Gouged my tank a couple weeks ago this way. No tank protector. Pretty sure I hold some record for the dumbest way to add a mark to the bike. Now I'm obsessed with the damn zipper :shocked::rolleyes:

My Gen 2 has so many scars ...
Might I also add a reminder for riders to always check their fly is zipped up before riding.
Gouged my tank a couple weeks ago this way. No tank protector. Pretty sure I hold some record for the dumbest way to add a mark to the bike. Now I'm obsessed with the damn zipper :shocked::rolleyes:
Would’ve been nice if Suzuki came out with a tank pad for the white/blue bike especially since they ran basically the same color 2 years running now….

Thanks for all the comments.
I forgot to mention that foot peg also broke.

20230401_233030.jpg

I live in Turkey and the parts and mods of the new Hayabusa is almost none. (Such as frame sliders, new exhausts, stompgrips etc.) Funny enough almost 2 weeks ago I ordered T-Rex frame sliders for my busa and before it arrived bike fell. I just can't accept the situation yet being my own stupidity and so on. It sucks! I want to change all the things that's damaged and bring back my new busa

Hard luck! - I know exactly how you feel - a similar thing happened to me just before Christmas - as for frame sliders I can tell you that the ridiculously expensive (here in the UK) Yoshimura sliders are completely useless - the right-hand one broke into pieces and protected nothing! Have now adapted GSG Mototechnik crash pads - I used to have them on my previous Gen 2 and then ZZR1400 - although they aren't listed for the Gen 3 they can be adapted. GSG Sturzpad-Satz mit Verkleidungsausschnitt für Suzuki GSX 1300 R Hayabusa (1999 - 2007) - GSG Mototechnik

Never ever face downhill. Lesson learned.
I live in Turkey and the parts and mods of the new Hayabusa is almost none. (Such as frame sliders, new exhausts, stompgrips etc.) Funny enough almost 2 weeks ago I ordered T-Rex frame sliders for my busa and before it arrived bike fell. I just can't accept the situation yet being my own stupidity and so on. It sucks! I want to change all the things that's damaged and bring back my new busa

Alif Performance is in Qatar which may be helpful to you

I wish Suzuki had a locking kick stand like my Sportster has. With kick stand out when you lay the bike over it locks in place and if it rolls forward an inch or 10 miles it will never fold close.
I walked into the garage one day and found my wife moving the B King to get something behind it and all I said is let it go ! she was past the point of no return and no need to get hurt. Battle scar's give the bike some character.

Thanks for all the comments.
I forgot to mention that foot peg also broke.

View attachment 1664863
That’s how I felt and in the end the only way to satisfy my ocd. Replace everything with new perfect parts and start over.

I wish Suzuki had a locking kick stand like my Sportster has. With kick stand out when you lay the bike over it locks in place and if it rolls forward an inch or 10 miles it will never fold close.
I walked into the garage one day and found my wife moving the B King to get something behind it and all I said is let it go ! she was past the point of no return and no need to get hurt. Battle scar's give the bike some character.
Agreed. The sportster kickstand was far superior. Unfortunately it was on a Sportster....

You could always come up with a crazy story about it. Tell everyone a van pulled up and tried to take the bike but you fought them off. When they were escaping they ran into the bike. But you hit one with a wrench in the mouth and knocked out a tooth. The police are trying to get dna from it but it’s not hopeful.

Hey man I’m just glad you got away and didn’t get hurt.

Back