New Biker Parent

Wow...I've missed this thread somehow...

Adonis, congrats on the new ride and it appears to me that you've taken all the steps you need to start riding safely...the MSF course, the right gear (hell, most of us still don't have as much as you do!), the right mind set (of utmost importance!)...you're on the right track and seem to truly want to enjoy motorcycling over impressing others around you...that's what will get you back home after a nice day of riding...that, and speedy reflexes when the idiots start drifting in your lane or turning in front of you without warning!
tounge.gif

I met DJ just this past Saturday, and let me say, you're one lucky son! He mentioned that you'd bought a new motorcycle, and like others have mentioned on this thread, I couldn't believe that DJ had a 22 year old son! He had nothing but great things to say, but he's going through that nervousness I'm dreading with my own boys a bit further down the road...it's so exciting to see you take on something that you can both share. It's wonderful that you'll be able to learn so much from DJ, and it's normal for him to be nervous as hell for you...

I think you'll do just fine, especially with a great Dad like DJ! I left Saturday's Busa "meeting" with very fond thoughts of everyone I'd met, and I think I'll have to make my way up to MD to ride with your Dad! I could hang out with him all day...
smile.gif

Congrats again! Your new ride looks sweet! Stay safe and check in with all of the "Moms and Dads" here often!
cool.gif

All I can do is lol!!! Let me take a step back and respect my elders. Didn't mean for you to take it serious RSD, but you have to respect the fact that you can't be the only one laughing.:laugh: By the way, if there is one thing those pants are good for, it's picking up chicks. The ladies love the fact that they are nice and loose, that way I don't have to peel off to burn a rubber. Feel me!
laugh.gif
Anyway, I appreciate the advice Pacific and you better believe that I will make sure I come home everynight by staying as safe as possible out there. I know we can't prevent what happens in our surroundings, so I always expect the worse and stay prepared. I definitely have the greatest father a young man can ask for, so I have to make sure that I am here long enough to become atleast half the man he is.
Wow......Sage....you must be a proud father.
Folks like these make this board what it is.... AWESOME!!!!!

All I can do is lol!!! Let me take a step back and respect my elders. Didn't mean for you to take it serious RSD, but you have to respect the fact that you can't be the only one laughing.:laugh: By the way, if there is one thing those pants are good for, it's picking up chicks. The ladies love the fact that they are nice and loose, that way I don't have to peel off to burn a rubber. Feel me!
laugh.gif
Anyway, I appreciate the advice Pacific and you better believe that I will make sure I come home everynight by staying as safe as possible out there. I know we can't prevent what happens in our surroundings, so I always expect the worse and stay prepared. I definitely have the greatest father a young man can ask for, so I have to make sure that I am here long enough to become atleast half the man he is.
Good on ya, Adonis.

hi all, hey Adonis, take it carefully with that thing mate. you come across as very switched on and more mature than i was at your age! over here in the u.k. its a legal requirement to have insurance on a motor vehicle and you must have a full licence to be able to ride anything over 33bhp. NO insurance company over here will touch you on a busa,blade zx10 or r1 or the like untill you normally got 3 yrs of no claims bonus and most wont insure untill 25+ yrs. this is purely because the bikes of this ilk are absolutely as mad as a bucket full of frogs! be very carefull mate, take care sean

That's cool Vanessa. I understand. You can make it up to me by letting me take you to dinner sometime. BigDawg brings up a good point because 1 1/2 hrs isn't far at all. On top of that, I promise I will wear some pants that fit me
wink.gif

Thanks for the advice Sean! I definitely know what you mean. I have had more than my share of reckless days in a cage, but due to tragedies and more than my share of blessings, I am trying to be more responsible about driving/riding everyday, because I know first hand that I don't want my family to grieve because of my stupidity, recklessness, or even a complete accident. I tell you what though. If I was in your country, I wouldn't be driving/riding anything right now.

Here is a new pic of my baby with the fender eliminator bracket I just put on. And I am also wearing the gear that I actually ride in in this pic.

adonisbike3b.jpg

Lookin' good, Adonis! Don't let the oldtimers on here give you too much of a hard time!

sweet ten bruh but gotaa get rid of that stock can ugggh.... she looks ugly with that dayum thin on thurr but tight good choice on the black a buddy of mine's brother just got a green zx 10 and i just got my r1 out the shop oh yea !!!!! gunna have a little fun with the kawa
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the compliments fellas. I have been looking into ordering the Akro Evolution full exhaust, but am still holding off. I really want to get rid of the ugly stock can, but I don't want to start modifying the bike until I get a chance to feel it out. I really only need the exhaust for the look, because I will not come close to maxing out this bikes potential any time soon. I have enough trouble just keeping the front tire on the ground as it is. You better watch out Daddyphatsaks cause your R1 doesn't have a chance against the 10R unless you have a gang of mods and he is running his 10R stock. I know they say it is the rider, but don't say I didn't warn you. lol. Let me know the outcome.

adonisbike5b.jpg

i got mods dont worry ........ i will let everyone on here know the outcome and i wont lie i have been beaten before no shame in my game lol still dont care for the kawa's but its a nice bike and you definately got the brains to be a part of the biker world i must say your dad did a great job oh well anyway i will get the 10 wait and see i might even be able to get it on vid will find out in a few days whats up take care dude and i feel you on the feeling the bike first before modding it but dayum that can sticks out like a sore thumb lol

Hi there,
My Folks bought me my first bike, a Suzuki 50cc in 1962 (?) from a Ford dealership (strange isn't it!) in Edinburgh. I used to ride over to a small Scottish town known as Kirkcaldy to watch bike racing round a local council park walkway edged by large trees! Absolute madness!
Took my wife-to-be to watch road racing at Brands Hatch in Kent in the late 60s ( ah, memories of watching Agostini on the MV3 but also my hero Mike the Bike Hailwood on his Honda 6 oh that wonderful exhaust note).

Eventually, our son, then in his early 20s decided he wanted a bike. ( Note : this was after I had given him my two Suzy Katanas -550 and 650 - to sell to buy a car). No real problems in bringing his mother around to his bike ownership and he got himself a lovely little Rothmans Honda NC24 VFR400.
A year later, he ran out of money to rebuild the bike ( it had suffered from a leaking fuel tank and slightly scrapped fairing) and I was "ordered" by SWMBO (she who must be obeyed!) to buy it from him at his retail price, not mine.

Eventually, last year the said son purchased "sex on wheels" yes a Ducati 748R with the full monty i.e. Termis, prgrammable chip etc. Regrettably he has recently split with his long term girlfriend so the bike may have to go.

Have we, the Missus and Me worried about the Golden Haired Boy on his bike, you betcha but it has been tempered by the fact that he really is an ace driver and a careful bike rider.

That being said, when we went down to the Sachsenring for the German MotoGP last year, I hit 152 mph on the VFR800 clock and he passed me (on, I might add, the unrestricted autobahn) clocking 167 on his R1. He ended up being too careful on the R1 and getting nowhere near its ability so he then traded for the Duc.

So I can sympathise with all Dads when sons express the desire to jump on a motorcycle but we all know there's nothing like bike riding to concentrate the mind.....on staying upright and alive!

cheers
Delboybusa

Looks something sweet Adonis, love the black. I really can't get into the puke green or carrot orange. That black says ssssssseeeexxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!. Anyway man you may also want to look into getting a Muzzy, great pipe for Kawis and awesome sound. I plan to upgrade to a Muzzy my self, heard a Busa the other day with one and it sounded like a lion (big one too) roaring. Nice bike and cont to be safe bro. Break her in easy so she doesn't have to remind you who is boss. God bless.

Back