New Bike Question

I did. I plan on keeping this bike for a loooooooong time.
cool.gif

I scored the Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP) at just about dealer cost. 4 years, unlimited mileage.

So with the normal factory warranty, I am good for 5 years regardless of the mileage I rack up on the bike.
thumb_up.gif

Too, even though it's essentially based on the proven Gen I platform, it *is* a new model bike in a lot of ways.... who knows what may or may not crop up after a year or two?
dunno.gif

I got the suzuki extended service plan too... not sure if i just got suckered into it, but I figured i'm spending this much for a bike and I've had issues with bikes in the past that would have been covered by such a warranty, so I built it into my financing. Go for it... can't hurt. Plus, I think it is transferrable.

-Matt

I went with the five year plan with Suzuki Extended. As the motor has been tweaked and it is technically new, no sense in taking chances. Also no limit to the miles works for me as I ride year round and like to rack them up quick. Murphy says if you don't have it you will need it....

I've heard too many horror stories about how dealerships always use the "abuse" card to avoid honoring the warranty. Of course I've heard of dealerships honoring it as well, just not as often.

I bought my black busa here about a month ago.  I have never bought an extended warranty until now.  Its like Iowadiver said, you spend that much for something that is considered a new model and with as many miles as I put on a bike in a year, won't hurt.

--Steve

I will wait until the one year factory warranty is almost up and then do what I did on my 06 gsxr - buy a Western Service Contract. It cost about half or less, than the Suzuki factory contract (mine was a "deal" at about 300 bucks and the bike is covered until 2013 - yes 2013. Western also does not make it hard to get warranty repairs - even at a lot of independent repair shops that can't get authorized by the factory. Check it out westernservicecontract.com

+1

I did take the tire and rim insurance. It covers any road hazard like anything that happens to the tires or rims for 5 years. I always seem to catch a nail or some sh#$ on the road. That was $300 but, I will recoupe it pretty quick. My dealer is cool about me picking any brand of tire I want and it covers mounting and balance. I will wait and take the extended ins. around Oct...

Back