New bike is much quicker than DOT ………….she already has a name!

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
This is the tale of my new ride on 1/9/10

66 miles from the dealership, and of course the bike and I got many looks and takers trying to best us. But I was still in the “break in period†so nothing more than 120mph was allowed in my book. :laugh:

Almost home, I see another Busa in the opposite turn lane and I waved at him. He then made a U-turn and I followed him into the Knott’s Berry farm parking lot. We stop and take off our helmets and I recognize him as the guy who hosted a party just before my get off. This is a rarity, as I very seldom see Busa’s, much less meet the riders.
We talk and I took pics and then I tell him I must go home and remove the stickers. He says “Yeah, be careful†and I know what he means.

A little history for those that may not know DOT. DOT’s name came from the right warning sticker on the inner fairing panel that left a small “Dot†that never came off.

I began the task of removing the stickers and was making great progress, when I noticed that there were TWO DOTS on the right side bolts that hold the brake reservoir on the clip on. (see pic)
Huh, could this lead to DOT II? I then remove the warning sticker over the same area as DOT’s and the sticker came off easier than I had imagined and then I see TWO SMALL DOTS. No kidding, it was strange. (see Pic)

I continued to work on the stickers and then came to the front Suzuki sticker above the headlight. It came off fine at first and about halfway though – THE PAINT JUST CAME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrrrhgggggggg!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I was shocked at first, and then I laughed! With as much trouble and grief that I had been going through, this was simply a matter of getting the name over with soon.

The area looked like a black eye patch to me and this is where her name comes from,

PAT, which is short for Patch, will be placed on the back turn signal lights as DOT was. :thumbsup:

I am currently making a black eye patch to cover the area and hope that it looks okay.

This is not a joke and not a fabrication of the events of the day and there is much more to the story than meets the eye.
This bike is proving to be much faster than DOT. DOT was reluctant to meet people, but PAT has already met peeps, and named herself on the first day.:laugh:

Thanks for the ear, and here are the pics.
Bubba

dots.JPG

dots II.JPG

PAT.JPG

wow...id talk to the dealer,looks like the paint didnt stick well.You may have more problems down the road with peeling paint.

What the crap!! How does the paint come off? One would think paint is stronger than stickers, maybe the prep gut at Suzuki was off when they painted yours. Im looking forward to seeing tha patch, may i reccomend a parret also, Pirate theme? At least your taking it in stride:beerchug:

I wonder if the paint was flexed and slightly cracked before you took the sticker off. It shouldn't of peeled like that...

I would talk to the dealer. You might have other areas that peel away and that one could grow. It wouldn't be nice to hace a milk cow graphic bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you use a hair dryer to warm the glue first? That s what I do works good.Mine came right off, everything that says Suzuki is gone.

dang that is a big ole spot on the front of there
id take it back to the stealership and see what they could do for you
should have the 1 year warr. on it

The two white dots are eerily freaky Bubba. I mean what are the chances of that! ??? *cue in X-Files theme music* :laugh:

Sounds like Pat is an outgoing gal that already is eager to meet new riders :cheerleader: :laugh:

While a bit upsetting...don't sweat the small blemish on the front. That's easily fixable.

You're back aboard a Busa my friend!!

Fix it ? They come painted.
Either that has to be repainted or you need to replace the whole piece.
HS that would bring me close to suicide I tell you.
You need to tell the dealer it had nothing to do with the sticker and blew off on the way home.
'I dont know maybe there was a flaw in the paint'
is what I would say, then stand there and look at them intently.
It costs the dealer 0 to warrant a piece and it is up to them what they think they can get reimbursed for so see if they will help.

Beleive me I warranted alot of things that would not have been covered because I had good relationships with the factory

The two white dots are eerily freaky Bubba. I mean what are the chances of that! ??? *cue in X-Files theme music* :laugh:

Sounds like Pat is an outgoing gal that already is eager to meet new riders :cheerleader: :laugh:

While a bit upsetting...don't sweat the small blemish on the front. That's easily fixable.

You're back aboard a Busa my friend!!

Thanks Brian,
I would have had a hissy fit if it had happened to DOT, but this is PAT's thang and she is very much more talkative than DOT.:laugh:

Fix it ? They come painted.
Either that has to be repainted or you need to replace the whole piece.
HS that would bring me close to suicide I tell you.
You need to tell the dealer it had nothing to do with the sticker and blew off on the way home.
'I dont know maybe there was a flaw in the paint'
is what I would say, then stand there and look at them intently.
It costs the dealer 0 to warrant a piece and it is up to them what they think they can get reimbursed for so see if they will help.

Beleive me I warranted alot of things that would not have been covered because I had good relationships with the factory

I appreciate and understand everybody's concerns and I did check the edges to see if there was a flaw in the paint and if it would continue to peel.
No troubles there and I am having the Invisible Shield done ASAP so there will be no way it could lift further.

Thank you all,
Bubba

Whether or not there is a flaw the dealer can warrant it and write on the RO there was one.
It all depends on the dealer.
Nice dealer, nice customer they should have no prob giving you a new piece.

Good you're taking it in stride Bubba. That looks pretty ugly from the photo.

I never realized there was a sticker there. I just looked at a photo of mine and realized there is.

b.t.w. I don't need your help in removing it. :poke:

Well, she got her first mark and now you don't have to worry about that "break-in" ding. I see warranty on the paint.

:welcome: It is good to see you back brother! :thumbsup: I hope we are hooning it up in the near future, and can't wait to see Pat. Cheers bro!:beerchug:

Bubba, that little girl of your's sure is pretty...But, heh, just in case no one told you...that blemish is right smack in the middle of her face...and it is a woman thing you know...get the dealer to make it righteous...I have a feeling that someone slapped that sticker onto paint that hadn't been cured yet...I just got done taking all of my stickers off getting ready for paint...and none came off with paint except on the steel tank because the stickers had clear coat over them...Bubba..get her face pretty again...2hip

I think you should take it back and ask for a nose that will hold the paint. Enjoy the ride and I know how you feel about wanting to open it up.

could the dealer have sprayed clear coat or something on it ??? I donn"t think Suzi sprays it all of mine came off with out even a heat gun. I didn't have any dots either???

Back