New Bike in Alaska

3Chorder

Registered
Hello. First sport bike and first Suzuki here.

IMG_0252.jpeg

Excuse my ignorance, but the dealer didn’t have an answer and neither does the owner’s manual. What is this “hook” above the exhaust for?

IMG_0262.jpeg

Same season here....
Hahahaha!!
I live on an island in the South Pacific and we ride ALL YEAR ROUND ! ! !
Well, I might miss a few months….
June, July and August are crappy, freezing cold Southerly Storms coming in from Antarctica and it’s dark for 16 hours a day for a few weeks in the middle of winter…
But other than that, it’s basically paradise down here, ahem cough cough…

Hello. First sport bike and first Suzuki here.

View attachment 1666733

Excuse my ignorance, but the dealer didn’t have an answer and neither does the owner’s manual. What is this “hook” above the exhaust for?

View attachment 1666732
Hey 3chorder…. I can help with a 4th chord, use the relative minor chord, if your in key of Amajor, use F#minor as the 2nd chord, then Dmaj then Emajor7th.
Makes it a little more interesting lol
P:D

Welcome from SoCal!

The very first Hayabusa ever sold landed in SoCal
Canyon riding originated in SoCal
First Busa burnout ever happened on Sunset Boulevard
Hollywood actors ride Hayabusas ... ALL of them
First Bike police chase - yep, Hayabusa, Pacific Coast Highway
No Black Ice in SoCal

All lies AFAIK, but ...
Makes it a little more interesting lol:D

Congrats on the new bike and :welcome:

Hey 3chorder…. I can help with a 4th chord, use the relative minor chord, if your in key of Amajor, use F#minor as the 2nd chord, then Dmaj then Emajor7th.
Makes it a little more interesting lol
P:D
Just had to come back to reply to this reckless and heretical statement about the mythical 4th chord. Everyone knows the truth; there are three chords: the G, the C, and the D chord.

Ask Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, ZZ Top, or any other respectable musical performer/group.

Sheesh!

Just had to come back to reply to this reckless and heretical statement about the mythical 4th chord. Everyone knows the truth; there are three chords: the G, the C, and the D chord.

Frank Zappa just turned over in his grave. Of course he was mildly insane...

Hey 3chorder…. I can help with a 4th chord, use the relative minor chord,

To such, the bVII not in the song key but which utterly anchors many songs, always makes me go, "Hm." Seriously, I do say that, "hrm".

Got pie?

What part of Alaska? I was stationed at Wainwright back in 90s
Anchorage. I was up in Fairbanks two weeks ago, right near Wainwright. You might’ve seen the loss of three soldiers and two AH-64 Apache helicopters at Healy back in April? They were Wainwright birds. I stopped in Healy on my way up to Fairbanks that day. I got word of the accident before I reached Fairbanks, so we likely passed each other at some point.

Back