New B with a ??? - PC3 or Teka Box

We have no Powercommanders on any of our bikes here.. we tune our stiff with the Teka box. One advantage Teka has is that you only have to buy one. If you have 5 bikes, you will need 5 Power commanders. Only One Teka box will do em all..;)

We have no Powercommanders on any of our bikes here.. we tune our stiff with the Teka box. One advantage Teka has is that you only have to buy one. If you have 5 bikes, you will need 5 Power commanders. Only One Teka box will do em all..;)
You pay to play, we all know that. Besides we are only talking about $270 bucks.

I don't think one is better than the other. It's mainly finding someone that really knows how to tune your bike using a Teka unit. Since Dynojet makes Dyno's AND the Powercommander's, the PC much more common. Hence findig a tuner using such is easier.

this is the only real advantage I can see in it.

I don't think one is better than the other. It's mainly finding someone that really knows how to tune your bike using a Teka unit. Since Dynojet makes Dyno's AND the Powercommander's, the PC much more common. Hence findig a tuner using such is easier.
How can you not say one isn't better than the other? The power commanders are more known and talked about because they are better. It's a fairly simple concept. I'm not saying Teka is completely crap or anything because you can still tune with it and have a pretty decent tune.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Teka has 5 discrete throttle position RUN settings:
You can adjust and programs fuel delivery in 5 different ranges -
1. up to 10% throttle - to help tune out that annoying off-idle hiccup.
2. 11% to 25% throttle
3. 26% to 50% throttle
4. 51% to 75% throttle
5. 76% to 100% throttle
All adjustable with the engine running![/quote]

That isn't very many options compared to the power commander, not to mention there is no mention of fine tuning these throttle percentages at individual rpms.

Power commander can be tuned at 2%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100% and can be tuned at 250 rpm increments.

Question for you fella's who think the PC is better than the Teka box.

Exactly what makes the PC a better unit. Give us some details on why you think you can tune your busa's aftermarket exhaust better with a PC over the Teka Box. Now remember, when you are justifying your remarks, the question was the best unit for tuning the ECU for aftermarket cans!
Let me start off by saying I talked to the spokesperson for Teka at the Indy Trade Show last year and he sat there and told me that tuning a bike by going out and riding it and then adjusting it till you like how it rides was a good idea. Note he said it was a good idea even though there would be no way of telling what air/fuel ratios your bike is running at.  
ices_rofl.gif

The text in quotes are from Teka SFI's website.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
4 individual IDLE mixture settings:
In realtime,  you are able to adjust each individual cylinder's idle richer or leaner, AS the bike is running!
You can: Rough adjust with the "All Cyls", then fine tune with the Cyl1, Cyl2, Cyl3 or Cyl4 selection.
Makes it super easy to adjust idle mixture - allows you to eliminate the hunting, loping idle caused by improper idle mixture settings. Much better than a power commander or fuel nanny, which can't adjust individual idle - still rough idle possible and likely.[/quote]

Why can't you do that with the power commander? I've done it with every power commander I've tuned.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Teka has 5 discrete throttle position RUN settings:
You can adjust and programs fuel delivery in 5 different ranges -
1. up to 10% throttle - to help tune out that annoying off-idle hiccup.
2. 11% to 25% throttle
3. 26% to 50% throttle
4. 51% to 75% throttle
5. 76% to 100% throttle
All adjustable with the engine running![/quote]

That isn't very many options compared to the power commander, not to mention there is no mention of fine tuning these throttle percentages at individual rpms.

Power commander can be tuned at 2%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100% and can be tuned at 250 rpm increments.

Widest tuning range:
Teka FI has a super wide range of adjustment of any FI Adjusting tool. We list it as +100 to - 100. That's usually enough to cause lean misfire and rich misfire in most every Suzuki![/quote]

Power Commanders have the same range of adjustments.

Ignition Scatter and other problems avoided:
Unlike the Power Commander 2, the Teka FI does not intercept and attempt to reproduce the ignition pulse causing power-robbing ignition timing scatter at high rpm. By not degrading the original ignition accuracy, Teka FI allows the Suzuki to produce the best top-end power possible as measured under load on the 4-Gas Low Inertia EC997 Eddy Current dyno.
Unlike the Power Commander 3 - the Teka is NOT confused by additional fuel pulses that some ECU's produce under quick acceleration, either. (That's the part of the reason that why PC3 users run into problems in attempting to tuning mixture at high rpm ranges at 10k+ rpms on some bikes).[/quote]

First off, I'm glad they can make mention of the PCII since it's basically obsolete. It'd be like still having a black and white tv.

Oh yeah, not to mention zero problems tuning fuel mixtures at high rpm ranges to date on any of the 100's of bikes tuned at our shop on PC3's.

Teka FI Adjuster can remain attached to the bike while testing:
Remains attached while road testing or dyno testing[/quote]

First off, who cares? I guess if you're willing to risk wrecking by trying to input information in your tuning device while riding then by all means go for it.

Not to mention, the PCIII is always on the bike.

Laptop NOT required:
Unlike the Power Commanders, no laptop is required to tune. This makes it easy to connect the Teka FI and ride the bike. Ride it - test it - select the "Run" area, pick the range required and hit the RH arrow to richen or the LH arrow to lean out the selected throttle range. Wasn't right? Select the range again and try again! (OK, I cheat. On the Low-Inertia EC997 dyno system,  I hold the throttle position and adjust it on the EC997 for best engine smoothness (try that -  DynoJet! You can't do that on a model whatever dj dyno - best defense? Don't buy a dj dyno!!).[/quote]

I guess the no laptop requirement is why the adjust ability of the teka is less than the power commander.

Why can't you do any of that on the dynojet? I can, so why couldn't anyone else with a dynojet? After all I'm not a genius by all means.

At the AMA Sears Point National, I tuned a 750 by riding it in first gear at 4k and "snapping" the throttle to 25% to adjust that range for best snap response - and then on to 50% throttle. When the bike stood straight up at each throttle position, it was right - and performed better on the track - coming off corners better at part throttle![/quote]

This guy must deserve a cookie. You can do this with ANY type of tuning software. No one cares.

Also, since the guy inputing stuff into the teka to tune your bike isn't going to let you take his tuning device with you when you leave and all it does is flash your ECU what happens when you want to change the tune? You're going to have to find someone else that has the unit to tune your device.

Basically all the Teka device is is just another way to tune a bike. They rely no dogging power commanders in order to sell their product. I thought propaganda was only used in wars to get people to fight in the military.[/quote]
boxing.gif
SO TELL US WHAT YU THINK OF THE TEKA
laugh.gif

You pay to play, we all know that. Besides we are only talking about $270 bucks.
$270 times five may not be serious cash to you but I can assure you, it's a pile of cash to the rest of us.

Pretty good rant you posted glorifying the PC but absolutely no technical information justifying your rant? How about posting up some technical info to back up your observations that the PC should be used while tuning your bike after an aftermarket exhaust installation?

Our minds are hungry for this information! Please Share!

Pretty good rant you posted glorifying the PC but absolutely no technical information justifying your rant? How about posting up some technical info to back up your observations that the PC should be used while tuning your bike after an aftermarket exhaust installation?

So by reading my post you couldn't tell in any way how the PCIII outdoes the Teka SFI?

I'm afraid if I actually spent the time to get very technical with every bit and piece about it all that a big part of the people reading it wouldn't understand, that's why I simplified it.

$270 times five may not be serious cash to you but I can assure you, it's a pile of cash to the rest of us.

goodboy.gif

IMHO the pc3 is better for ultra fine tuning but the fact is most of us dont need ultra fine tuning. BUT I WANT IT AND HAVE PC3usb. as far as the no need for computer, some people could really use that feature. BUT I LIKE SEEING IT ON MY LAPTOP MAKES IT EASIER TO ME.

either way i think you should get it dyno'd NOT doing it your self driving down the road.
ohthedrama.gif

all these dif. options are good

So by reading my post you couldn't tell in any way how the PCIII outdoes the Teka SFI?

I'm afraid if I actually spent the time to get very technical with every bit and piece about it all that a big part of the people reading it wouldn't understand, that's why I simplified it.
Please, don't underestimate our ability to read & comprehend.

Expand your knowledge here for the ones who have no clue how the PC works. Thus far I have not seen a single person posting up who seems to know how and exactly what the unit does, especially the relationship between the PC and the OEM ECU?

If you truely know & understand the functions of the PC in relationship to the ECU, Please Explain? All of us are listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tufbusa - would you provide the technical knowledge you have in regards to the Teka so that perhaps your side of the argument can be understood?

Also if you really want to gain a better understanding of "how the ecu is tunned" you may want to read some of the detailed threads regarding the ECU at link. There is plenty of detailed technical information for you to familiarize yourself with the ECU. It may be a good starting point for you.

On a different note... If someone explains why a tire should be balanced I don't think the metallurgy of the weight, what the sticky stuff is made of, or the gravitational pull of the earth is really necessary for everyone to understand things. I'm sure we can all agree that to balance it you can use stick-on weights, clamp-on weights, or other means to alter and/or correct the balance.

You can tune with a teka, bazzaz, DJbox, or what ever other method that's choose to effect the signals to and/or from the ECU.

So I think I should go with the PC3?
rofl.gif
THIS IS ME ON MY FLOOR RIGHT NOW I HAD TO GET UP TO TYP THIS!
rofl.gif

yes ROSS1 i would go with the pc3 just cause its more familiar to tuners and you KNOW it will work. until the taco EARNS it name on these forums stick with what you know will get the job done

SEE WHAT YOU STARTED HERE ROSS1
corner2.png

rofl.gif

Back