Needed a new battery this morning

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I didn't make it very far this morning. When I stopped for gas, the bike struggled to start but it did. It was a sign that the battery was getting ready to die so I turned around and went home. I'm just glad it didn't die on me while I was hundreds of miles away from home.

I guess those 500+ mile rides with the heated gear running the whole time hurt the old battery. I might have to get up at 4:00 am tomorrow to ride the last 200 miles or so to get to 90K. That was my goal before going back to work on Monday.:laugh:

It's really easy to jump start the bike by rolling (or getting a push) downhill and popping the clutch. I had to do it before
because I got distracted and left the key on once. You probably already knew that, sorry:oops:

It's really easy to jump start the bike by rolling (or getting a push) downhill and popping the clutch. I had to do it before
because I got distracted and left the key on once. You probably already knew that, sorry:oops:
Yup, I already knew that and I've helped a friend push start his 600 before. I just don't like taking chances. No need to apologize.:)

Back