NEED TV HELP - Toshiba DLP LAMP NEEDED

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
If it ain't one thing, it is a MF-ing nother.

I am watching my 52" last night and all of a sudden NO PICTURE, I had sound but no PICTURE ...... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Are there any board electronics dealers, service techs, etc. that can help a brother in need??

I have done my homework, and I have found one online as low as possibly $170 ish. I have also seen the ankle-grabbing prices of $250-$300 ish. And I am sick of calling local outfits that want to charge me $80 just to show up, $125 min to touch the TV, and $250 for the lamp. OUCH, can you say :moon:??

The TV Model is 52HM84, Lamp is 23311083(A), or TB25-LMP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a TV similar if not exactly the same bought 2 (or 3) years ago. Check the Toshiba site because there was a recall on the original bulbs for some models and series - I know because mine blew up (sounded like a pistol when it did - scared my dogs to death) and I got a free replacement. As far as replacing, a 5 year old can do it - just don't touch the new bulb with your fingers or anything because the oils from your skill will kill it when it gets hot.

Umm, yeah it's definitely a DIY project. Small trap door, a couple of screws, slide out, slide in. However if it's an older DLP it's a good Idea to have it serviced anyway so... Yeah.

But just replacing the lamp is one of the benefits of a DLP over LCD, and Plasma. Simple to replace and cheap. :bowdown:

probably a do it yourself thing, but don't take my word for it and get electrocuted!

$168 lamp
DLP Lamps: Toshiba*TB25-LMP*23311083

probably even better deals out there too

Froogle.com is your friend. Good luck!

Thanks, all. This was the one I found when I referred to $170ish. Since then I have found a couple in town but that put me a little over $200, which I will probably go ahead and pay and be done with it

:thumbsup:

Back in business. Got the replacement today, popped it in in all of 5-10 mins and that got-r-done.

It is amazing how people get shafted on spending a grip on something they could do themselves.

Thanks again.

:thumbsup:

Back in business. Got the replacement today, popped it in in all of 5-10 mins and that got-r-done.

It is amazing how people get shafted on spending a grip on something they could do themselves.

Thanks again.

:thumbsup: Congrats, though it still might be a good idea to have the thing cleaned. THe DLP sets actually still have lenses and such that can benefit from a regular service FWIW...

Though I haven't had mine serviced in about 4 years and it's doing pretty good, so.... Yeah.

Do it Yourself. I had a very similiar situation with my TV. After the initial "Are you kidding me!!!???" frustration subsided I looked on the side of the TV found 2 screws took them out, found a handle, pulled it BAM!!! there was a busted lamp in my hand. Found the right part number on the lamp (there was more than one, one for the bulb one for the whole case assembly) a short trip to google and an overnight shipping later I was back in buisness for 180. Good luck.

:woot: glad it's fixed

There are so many things that people pay too much to have done anymore. My mom, who I still love even if she is crazy, had to have her oil changed at a service place :banghead: I keep telling her to buy the oil and filter then bring it over... She thinks it's too hard to do :banghead: Parents... Can't teach em anything... And now that I am one MWUHAHAHAHA to my kid :whistle:

Back