Bone stock bike

Im setting it up for drag racing ONLY.

Ordered 4-9 inch extension

Lowering links, brake line extensions

ek 530 zzz chain

and a tiger undertail eliminator

also a tripple tree and a front end strap

I am a 300lb rider, I need to know what sprockets to go with, thank you

Bone stock Busa on good track should hook up stock. I weigh 250 geared up and had no problems with traction. I've only ran twice. A lot of guys go 16/42. This might cause problems with the hook up, I don't know.

If I was you, I'd try a 16/43. That should get you toward the top of 4th but you may be able to pull a 44t without going to 5th.

You might think about a sprocket cover/or brace, the clutch hub mod, set the clutch stack height, etc.

Read through some of the threads in the 1/4 mile section for tips and more gearing opinions.

I'm 325 suited and running 16/46 gearing. I've done 1.63 60' and go through the traps at the very top of 5th. My front tire will barely come off the groung on that launch.
I wouldn't consider that gearing too violent off the line either.
beerchug.gif

(Dakkine2 @ Jul. 23 2007,21:44) I'm 325 suited and running 16/46 gearing. I've done 1.63 60' and go through the traps at the very top of 5th. My front tire will barely come off the groung on that launch.
beerchug.gif
What MPH are you running?

(Professor @ Jul. 23 2007,22:47)
(Dakkine2 @ Jul. 23 2007,21:44) I'm 325 suited and running 16/46 gearing. I've done 1.63 60' and go through the traps at the very top of 5th. My front tire will barely come off the groung on that launch.
beerchug.gif
What MPH are you running?
This is my best and probably cleanest pass ever from last Wednesday night.
scan.jpg

Nice, I need to try a 16/45. I have a 44 I'm going to try next time out but a 45 might be closer to what I need.

You're on the right track. I think a 16/44 would work well. The arm extensions are good - I never take mine off anymore.  Links and straps are a must.  A good drag type tire is a must (Shinko 003 works well).  For a few more bucks I'd invest in an air shifter...no way can a human shift as fast as the air shifter.  

Someone donated to me lowering links and a 4 up rear sprocket, does this sound sufficent?

"You might think about a sprocket cover/or brace, the clutch hub mod, set the clutch stack height, etc."

Thanks for the tip, do you have any links to these mods? Maybe some How-tos?
smile.gif

(Professor @ Jul. 23 2007,23:12) Nice, I need to try a 16/45. I have a 44 I'm going to try next time out but a 45 might be closer to what I need.
I've got a PBI 45 tooth I'll send you for shipping if you want it. Let me know.
Jeff

Clutch slave support from Spencer Cycle. Takes 2 minuted to install.
EXO-1103-2.jpg

Brocks Ultra mod. Eliminates the back torque limiter.

I had my stock piece welded up.
S13_Ultra%20Layout.jpg

Your stack height should be fine. I added some .180 spring spacers from Brock and replaced two thin steels with two thick ones to get a little more presssure on the stack.
I've since done the Brock's Clutch Cushion. Do one or the other.
The spacers are much cheaper but if you do the clutch cushion later you will have to remove the spacers and install the heavy duty springs that come with the kit.
beerchug.gif

Jeff

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the tiger ndertail eliminator after installation?

(Dakkine2 @ Jul. 26 2007,22
super.gif
) Clutch slave support from Spencer Cycle. Takes 2 minuted to install.

Brocks Ultra mod. Eliminates the back torque limiter.

I had my stock piece welded up.

Your stack height should be fine. I added some .180 spring spacers from Brock and replaced two thin steels with two thick ones to get a little more presssure on the stack.
I've since done the Brock's Clutch Cushion. Do one or the other.
The spacers are much cheaper but if you do the clutch cushion later you will have to remove the spacers and install the heavy duty springs that come with the kit.
beerchug.gif

Jeff
Yes, Those are the parts I'm talking about.

You can also use a billet cover instead of the brace. More $ but a much cleaner install.

pmrweb012014.jpg

PMR Link

I suggest building the clutch stack to 1.98-2.00" by substituting thick steels for thins.

Use the .180 spacers as indicated and I'm swapping in a couple of Barnette springs in my pack.

Do not do anything to increase preasure without the sprocket cover or brace. If you do, you will likely break the OEM cover.

(Dakkine2 @ Jul. 26 2007,22:17)
(Professor @ Jul. 23 2007,23:12) Nice, I need to try a 16/45. I have a 44 I'm going to try next time out but a 45 might be closer to what I need.
I've got a PBI 45 tooth I'll send you for shipping if you want it. Let me know.
Jeff
Jeff,

I'll take you up on that.... Would like to give you more than shipping for it however.

I'll send you a PM in a few

Rick

(topper @ Jul. 27 2007,11:26) Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the tiger ndertail eliminator after installation?
Link to a few pictures

Great for mounting electronics etc. I've got a used one I'm getting ready to put up for sale. I need to clean the tire rubber off of it and shoot some pics. It has a few holes drilled in it to mount some stuff.

I think the only downside is they do not seal the compartment as good as a glass or abs undertail. If a bike never sees rain, it would not be an issue.

Back