Need to fix my shoei

i just bought a scorpian ex 400 at cycle gear for 69 dollars when thet had there last closeout sale . they have some real good deals on helmets

Well I guess its time for an arai

:thumbsup: Can't go wrong with 'em that's for sure!

Most comfortable, well crafted helmet I've owned. Love mine!

81-2030RX7CorsairVDani.jpg

awww shucks I really love that helmet
:heart-break::heart-break:

Really sucks parting ways with a helmet that you really like. I always keep my gently used helmets around as loaners for my friends. I try to replace mine every other riding season at least. Sucks $ wise... but it's the safest thing to do. I really like the one that you have.

Email Shoei and purchase new interior lining. Everything is pretty much replaceable as long as the styrofoam which is the impact material isn't damaged. :thumbsup:

I have that helmet too... just retired it :( I replaced it with an X11 Glory, got a steal on it from the devil (ebay) :thumbsup:

they do have an updated version of the paint scheme in the RF1000 if you were so inclined :whistle:

I have that helmet too... just retired it :( I replaced it with an X11 Glory, got a steal on it from the devil (ebay) :thumbsup:

they do have an updated version of the paint scheme in the RF1000 if you were so inclined :whistle:

thanks for the 411. Have a great day

Guys and Gals, I have a Shoei Troy Lee Design Jester helmet which I absolutely love and don't want to replace. However the liner inside has gone to **** and I recently aquired some foam to insert to make it fit better. The installation is a problem I have an idea as to how it should go in the helmet but I don't want to screw it up. Any suggestions????

How old is the helmet? The only reason I ask is because sweat and body oils from your head eventually break down the foam in the helmet... IE the little thing that absorbs the brute force of impact. Its recommended by manufacturers of helmets to replace helmets every 5 years. If I were you I'd just drop a few hundred in a new helmet as an added value of safety. After all the original intent of the helmet is to protect your head. Why chance an older helmet that may not protect it as well as a new one would?

What size do you wear. I have a medium on the shelf that is like the one sukracer posted. About 1.5 years old and is pretty much like new. $200 if you want it. That helmet you have now is destroyed. I am in West Palm Beach. It was my wife's and I just bought her a X-11 Shoei for Christmas. I can post some pics if you are interested. It also has a mirrored sheild on it. The sheild alone was $70.

Sorry to say but i think its time to replace the helmet!

Helmets have come a long way in the last 5 years!

You should shop around to see waht fits the best overall!

Then look online for something in last years models, at great savings!

Look at the RF1000's you can find them on sale every where!

Last edited:
Back