Need some undertail help

Either some wiring is in the way, or the undertail is drilled incorrectly or just made wrong. Maybe try measuring the distance between holes on the upper rear fairing and compare it with the UFO undertail.

You have to pull the tail to the rear,pull it from the front of the tail to the rear once you have it in place over the tire.

You have to pull the tail to the rear,pull it from the front of the tail to the rear once you have it in place over the tire.
NJ your right on the $$$$$$ Wish I would have seen this awhile ago...lol

Had to stuggle with the Darn thing like a Motha fugger (And I dont say that lightly) But got it done. What a royal pain in the @ss...but it is all pretty good now.

Thanks for everyone's help...Sorry if Im venting a little, but man this was a bear!

On a lighter note, I think Gretchen lost about 5 Lbs from all the plastic trimming/ tailight/ plastic/plastic....I guess thats a bonus
wink.gif

NJ your right on the $$$$$$ Wish I would have seen this awhile ago...lol

Had to stuggle with the Darn thing like a Motha fugger (And I dont say that lightly) But got it done. What a royal pain in the @ss...but it is all pretty good now.

Thanks for everyone's help...Sorry if Im venting a little, but man this was a bear!
Glad you got it , the rubber seal in the tail portion of the plastic makes it a tight fit.

Ok, I know the bike is in several parts, but just wanted to show a few pics of the undertail on the bike...thanks again for everyone's help

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Hey John...
Looks good.
smile.gif

where is all your rearsets and brackets....?

oh... I forgot... sitting in the box ready to be shipped tomorrow...

Are you sure you don`t want them overnighted?
biggrin.gif

Hey John...
Looks good.
smile.gif

where is all your rearsets and brackets....?

oh... I forgot... sitting in the box ready to be shipped tomorrow...

Are you sure you don`t want them overnighted?
biggrin.gif

Vic, I have so many projects going on with Gretchen right now, if the parts came overnight Im sure I would Fug up something being all to excited to get everything done so quick.

yep.. for some reasons I think you could do that...
smile.gif

I have something for you as a very good therapy...

those thousand bolts I powdercoated required a little tread cleaning before you can use them. I cleaned few and it is very easy... time consuming and relaxing.....
biggrin.gif

Hey, it was you who wanted them powdered.... right?
smile.gif

BTW. powder in alien holes holding up much better then I expected....

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137955982 -->

smile.gif

MAN.... What`s up with those pieces I marked in red?
rock.gif
?

Did we forgot those?
rock.gif
???

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137956515 -->

Valium_46809_9.jpg

rock.gif

Vic...lol...Now your just giving me a bad time...lol

I think I just pull out the High temp ceramic black paint and do those parts...lol
laugh.gif

Glad you got it to fit! Looks good. This is part of an old issue, but do the lenses match? If I remember correctly, the left one was more clear than the right. Just wondering if EG got rid of their supply and cleaned them up?

Glad you got it to fit! Looks good. This is part of an old issue, but do the lenses match? If I remember correctly, the left one was more clear than the right. Just wondering if EG got rid of their supply and cleaned them up?
Well, they match pretty good, but in my opinion the Lenses don't match perfectly. I guess they must have made a billion of those lenses because this has been an ongoing issue for a few years now I think
rock.gif

Vic...lol...Now your just giving me a bad time...lol

I think I just pull out the High temp ceramic black paint and do those parts...lol
laugh.gif
OK... I`ll send you mine with your package. how` bout that? Ceramic paint looks brownish in comparison with powder..
You will return yours later.
Vic

Are you serious
rock.gif

Man - Im not sure what to say. I would gladly exchange with you, if your serious. Your really helping me out more than anyone could ever imagine.

Done deal.. You have 12 more hours to look aroung and let me know what else you forgot to make black....
biggrin.gif

I know what you forgot.... I`ll send it to you...

to make things interesting I`m not gonna tell you...
tounge.gif

Back