Need Some Tech Help

busa_boy_69

Registered
I need some help gentlemen. I rode to work today and there is a small amount of oil coming from the crankcase breather tube. This is not a common issue. It has only happened one other time and its a small amount each time.

The problem is I dont know what causes this or if this is somethung to worry about.

What do you guys think?

Bike has 6,100 miles on it.

20170810_161244.jpg

Is this the breather tube routed behind the stator cover? If so could it be excess chain lube? Some awfully black looking oil to be motor oil.
No its on the right side and comes out of the fairing right in front of the rear tire. Theres only 1600 miles on that oil and its full synthetic.

Hmm not sure then, hope someone else can chime in. Never seen this on mine. With Bike on Kickstand it is not a natural low point for the oil to collect.

Those two tubes are vent / and drain tube for the fuel tank . if you slightly over fill or spill fuel around the filler neck it goes out the over flow tube .
Remember fuel expands when hot (liked parked in sun ) your dripping on asphalt so once it hits the ground you get that black oil look .
When I purposely fill my bird to make a high mile run but have to stop @ friends right after fill up I get the same drops @ same place . Your Okay

Those two tubes are vent / and drain tube for the fuel tank . if you slightly over fill or spill fuel around the filler neck it goes out the over flow tube .
Remember fuel expands when hot (liked parked in sun ) your dripping on asphalt so once it hits the ground you get that black oil look .
When I purposely fill my bird to make a high mile run but have to stop @ friends right after fill up I get the same drops @ same place . Your Okay

Omg man thank you so much. The two times it has happened the tank has been topped off! That makes me feel so much better. I had the tubes mixed up. As black as it was i just assumed oil. Dude for real I owe you a beer. Lol

C10 you could have at least played with him for a couple posts! "Last time I saw that the engine blew" or "Man that is the start of a slow rot brother". Ha Ha! No I know what it's like waiting for an answer on the org. It's as bad as waiting for the doctor to emerge out of surgery! Glad C10 got things cleared up though.

C10 you could have at least played with him for a couple posts! "Last time I saw that the engine blew" or "Man that is the start of a slow rot brother". Ha Ha! No I know what it's like waiting for an answer on the org. It's as bad as waiting for the doctor to emerge out of surgery! Glad C10 got things cleared up though.
Do you have a programmer? Did you load the map from a PC? That drip looks like a virus for sure.

Back