Need some advice

BigCorySBFMC707

Registered
Ok, I need some help. I have a 2005 busa with 11000 miles on it and when I am pulling up to a light and pull in the clutch, my bike stalls on occasion. What do you think I need to do?

The most common cure for this is to adjust your idle back up to 1100-1200 RPM. For many the idle drops over time due to vibration loosening the idle screw.

Yeah I can only get mine to idle at 1250 or 2, set it at 1250 and you will be set!

your clutch could be slipping a lot and if you haven't adjusted or bled your clutch line in a while, - you may not be completely disengaged at your stop.

Check your clutch friction plates.

Granted, a low idle will do the same, but a clutch that has been slipping and a clutch lever that isnt adjusted right would mask symptoms.

Does the bike ever creep forward even with the lever pulled in?

i just had this problem a few months ago. have u had ur bike servides at a dealer recently by chance? reason i ask is they like to adjust the idle of our bikes to 900.. which makes our bikes stall. as said above, adjust ur idle up to 1200 rpms... and ull be set.

Sounds like idle, put some thread lock on that bolt, and check the filter and pump too...
wink.gif

thanks to everyone that shot me some advice. I adjusted the idle and went ahead and changed my spark plugs at the same time, I was due and the bike is purring perfectly right now. Thanks a million

Back