Need some advice

modidy

Registered
I just bought it at the end of January, but thinking of giving up street riding. I also plan to buy a house by the end of the summer. Just bought a bike for the track. I don't really have much time to ride being that I have 4 kids age 13 down to 4 months old. The wife works every other weekend, and wants to spend time with me and the kids on her weekends off. I understand that. I guess my point of this post is to determine what it's worth resale wise... not looking at KBB or any of those places, there prices are usually off compared to what people are wanting to pay. The bike has a clean clear title in hand and a few bolt ons. Some chrome also. The wife has no idea at this point, but sometimes I guess other things come first. This is not a defiate, but more than likely going to be a reality. I was thinking $10K, I will be loosing just over $1K, but not a big deal.
39825900.jpg

This is my track bike that I may use once a month this year, starting next month.
FZR400002.jpg

<!--EDIT|modidy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144610615 -->

Well if you still have the stock parts that you upgraded, i would put those back on the bike. Sell your bolt ons seperately from the bike itself. You will probably be able to recoup more money that way. I do not think you will have any problem selling, no matter what.

Well if you still have the stock parts that you upgraded, i would put those back on the bike. Sell your bolt ons seperately from the bike itself. You will probably be able to recoup more money that way.
+1 Now thats watt i,d do...........

Cant help you out on watt its worth on resale... Sorry...

Im on the other side of the pond.... Over here a new one is just under 15,000 euro.........

if msrp. is $ 11,000 & $ 10,400 on ebay brand new ....... Tell me what is the insentive on buying one used because you loses 30% of the value when you buy one new !

So ............. 30% of 11,000 is $ 3,300 which gives you $7,700 BUT if you play your cards right & its in very good condition & not too many miles $ 8,900 - $ 9,400 would be far !

TOO SELL IT TO ME so.... p m me
tounge.gif

if msrp. is $ 11,000  & $ 10,400 on ebay brand new ....... Tell me what is the insentive on buying one used because you loses 30% of the value when you buy one new !

So ............. 30% of 11,000 is $ 3,300 which gives you $7,700  BUT if you play your cards right & its in very good condition & not too many miles $ 8,900 -  $ 9,400 would be far !

TOO  SELL IT TO ME so.... p m     me
tounge.gif
There is not a thing wrong nor a scratch on it. The mileage is on 269 right now, but I am going to be riding it when I can, as a matte of fact today I will be riding it in just a few hours. I may have 400 by the end of the day. That's only cause it's 60 miles round trip to work and I may detour on the way home.

Sorry to hear that; it's a great looking bike. And that Yamaha is an awesome looking bike, too. Good luck selling her--you shouldn't have a problem.

From one LE owner to another, I'll suggest seeing what the availability of LEs is in your area. If they are scarce and dealers say they aren't readily available to them, sell it now. If not, you might do better later in the season. I say that because I had several attractive offers for mine in the fall of 2003, when there were no more new 40th Anniversary Editions left to be had.

Ed

thats a sharp looking LE.. is there some chrome on there?

where abouts in Michigan?
The rearsets and passenger pegs are chrome. The upper triple is the skeleton one and it is polished. I have a set of Chrome bar ends coming also. They are stock, but chrome plated. I also have all the stock parts that came off it. I am Just north of Detroit in Eastpointe. 1.5 miles north of the eastside. I am going to try and post in the classified once I get home and can put in the vin number. I will probably take some more pics in better light too.

I am going to try and sell it with those on there and the stock parts to go with it, if I am not getting what I am asking, then I will take them off and reduce the price about $1K
sad.gif
I still have to post it a few places for sale before I really decide.

seems like you have made up your mind.. but any chance of selling the other bike and making the busa a track bike?

i know it will cost a lot of money to redo the bike.. just throwing out thoughts..
smile.gif

Well if you still have the stock parts that you upgraded, i would put those back on the bike. Sell your bolt ons seperately from the bike itself. You will probably be able to recoup more money that way. I do not think you will have any problem selling, no matter what.
+1 I'll go with that...put all of stock parts back.
blues.gif

Back