need some advice

shanem

Registered
looking at buying a 2002 busa from someone and they told me that the only problem they had with the bike was once when they were doing a burn out that the bike ran hot and blew coolant everywhere he dont rember how hot it got .
the bike has 2000 miles on it what do i need to check out before i lay down the cash?
rock.gif
comp test???the bike sounds fine at idle but i just need some advise thank in advance
shane m.

I suggest you take it to a reputed mechanic and get it checked out... if this guy has been stunting on his bike, then you need to be a lil more careful! Just my thought

thanks ,i guess i need to.......i dont know how fragile these thangs are i had an 02 and never had any problems with it but i never pushed it to the limit..

Shanem,
Sounds like we need to welcome you back. Ask to see the bike with the fairings removed. Look at the radiator, specifically the neck and cap. Try to remove it - I've seen over heated bikes where the cap gets sort of "stuck" on. Ditto Shenoyp's comment. I would call some reputable shop and ask them the same thing that you posted here. Maybe they can actually check the bike out for you. Hope that helps.

Sorry for my rudeness...
biggrin.gif
I should have welcomed you first!

Welcome to the board bro

thanks no problem,i have been away from motorcycles for a while and now im back.i just sold a 2003 turbocharged outlaw 10.5 cobra
and i still have the need for speed and the busa should help me with that!!!!!

Dude Check your fluid level in your radiator Tyhe guy assembling the radiators in Japan has carpel tunnel or something, I have heard of almost every busa being checked out as having loose clamps. Doesn't become aparent until you have it at maximum revs though.

RsN

Back