~~need member advice~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Well, to make a long story short I ordered a satin finished chain guard and received a polished chain guard. (after ten weeks) Incompetence never ceases to amaze me!

Now, what would be the best way to make this look like a satin finish? Bead blast?

Might just powder coat the darn thing or might just sell it. I have not been able to find a satin finish chain guard without all the laser cut outs.

Thanks in advance.

hogger...

100_0028.JPG

Return it and get what you want!
yeah..right! Special ordered from the UK. This company sells on eBay but NOT the plain model thus the special order.

I contacted him..he told me he would send another..I told him I would pay for the satin finish and sell this one..six weeks..no email replies..screw it.

hogger...

get some scotch bright and rub it lightly until you get the look you want. im going to do that with some mirror blockoffs i ordered off e-bay. it dulls the chrome and makes it look "aluminumy" (thats my copyrighted word darn it). be careful though to much rubbing will make it look "rough". however, if you can get the ones you want do that. my .02

+1 for scoth brite.  thats what i did to my mountain bike frame. [/QUOTE]
+2 that is the way to go.

and thanks for the sprocket!!

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151806685 -->

Back