NEED HELP !!!!!!

BLU88

Registered
It is time for my next oil change, i have currently been using golden spectro semi synthetic. i am gonna swicth to a full synthetic. currently use 10w 40 . when i went to buy the synthetic they only had 15w 50 what is the differnce between using 10w 40 and 15 w 50 in the oils.(synthetic)

thanks in advance. blu
btw current mileage is 6200

I'm using the Mobil 1 Performance Blend (Red Cap). I've had zero problems, running good.
race.gif

It is time for my next oil change, i have currently been using golden spectro semi synthetic. i am gonna switch to a full synthetic. currently use 10w 40 . when i went to buy the synthetic they only had 15w 50 what is the difference between using 10w 40  and 15 w 50 in the oils.(synthetic)

thanks in advance. blu
btw current mileage is 6200
Go to your nearest Autozone store and buy Mobile 1 MX4T 10W 40 for motorcycles.  Only a couple of bucks more than Golden Spectro 4.

i have recently been enlightened.. oil is pretty much oil.. yeah u have synthetic and regular oil but all this performace stuff, or motorcycle oil is a crock to get extra money out of ya.. look at the additives and such ITS ALL THE SAME! except for the viscosity..

Just switched over to Mobil 1 Full Syn 15w50. I noticed a definate change and after 20 miles I notices a HUGE difference. I was previously running the crap that Suzuki recommends in the manual (givin a little back to Zuk for making the best machine ever...) for the break in and a little longer then changed over at 3000 miles. I noticed smoother shifting and running. Wanted to try Silkolene(sp?) but I needed an oil change bad and a mech friend of mine said that Mobil 1 full syn was the way to go. He trusts it in his racers so I do to. Good luck on your choice though.

Well You know my answer allready Bro... Silkolene Pro-4 Race Full Ester Synthetic... I belive it's the best poop out there. But You know...
wink.gif

Hey REV! I'm tryign Silkelene next.
smile.gif
So far Mobil1 seems fine but just doesn't thrill me any extra. Seems to burn thru quicker, and tranny gets back to clunky mode faster too. Now if I can just FIND the stuff local... I suspect I'll be special ordering it

if i change to mobil one synthetic ... which one should i use?
Mobil 1 15/50 red cap (racing formula) if you go that route.\

All the top Syns are good and close. You have to remember that you are changing it every 1.5 or 3,000 miles anyway. The better oils last longer, but nobody leaves it in longer anyway.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090167735 -->

WENT WITH N.E ... MOBIL ONE RED CAP.. (GREY BOTTLE WITH RED CAP)
biggrin.gif

I LIKE THE FACT ALL THE GOOD REVIEWS AND CAN GO TO MEIJER ANYTIME OF THE NIGHT AND GET IT TO CHANGE MY OIL.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I have used Molibe One Red Cap for years in all of my Motorcycles and never had a problem. In a test done by motorcycle consumer news, (now Rider magazine), did a test of Mobile One red cap, and several motorcycle oils. Mobile One came out on top. If I can figure out how to scan the whole thing in, I'll post it.

I tried to figure this one out a week ago, wound up just buying a case of the suzuki oil.....figure I can switch after that runs out.
cool.gif

Back